[MAC] Possible to watch Live TV in XBMC for Mac and if so which PVR backend to use?
I've just updated to Darma on my Mac Mini (intel version, with Intel integrated graphics, basically the first version with Intel). It is running 10.6.5. The one thing I need to no longer have to switch to tv is to have the ability to watch live tv in XBMC. I don't care for stuff like recording, pausing or watching EyeTV recorded shows, I just want to see what's on the channels at that moment.

I have an EyeTV DTT for DVB-T which I use with EyeTV 3.5 sometimes, but since my mini is only used as HTPC and I only use the Apple remote, it is too bothersome to actually use it, so I watch tv on the tv, while I'd prefer it through XBMC as the volume difference is too much and I'd rather just use 1 remote, the Apple remote.

I've looked at the MythTV backend, but I have no idea how to get it working with the EyeTV DTT. TV Headend only seems to be for Linux at the moment...

So how can I watch live tv through XBMC?

Any help appreciated...

MD
and to add another bit of info.. as soon as EyeTV is running, the remote control can no longer control XBMC... so if EyeTV will be the backend (they do have some streaming options now) then that will need solving too.

MD

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Possible to watch Live TV in XBMC for Mac and if so which PVR backend to use?0