[GIT] The GIT-Repo for Shade
If you want to follow development of Shade this is where to come.

I will update Shade for a while before actually submitting to the repo as to make it easier for the dev team and not pester them.

But, if you want to stay up-to-date, you can get the files here.

GIT

Be sure to delete the textures.xbt file in case I changed some images.
To learn more, click here.
for those noobs who don't know...

doing a git pull from within the skin.shade folder will update your skin for you

so in command line cd to .xbmc/addons/skin.shade
then type git pull

-=Jason=-
Flomaster Wrote:for those noobs who don't know...

doing a git pull from within the skin.shade folder will update your skin for you

so in command line cd to .xbmc/addons/skin.shade
then type git pull

-=Jason=-
They can also do a download source to a zip file from the site and extract it too.
We're trying to figure out how to work with this. Could you give us some pointers as to how to do it?

Appreciate it. :-)
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
vanOert Wrote:We're trying to figure out how to work with this. Could you give us some pointers as to how to do it?

Appreciate it. :-)

Sure. At the top, you should see "Download Source"

Click that and save the zip file somewhere.

Then, extract the contents of the zip OVER the current contents of skin.shade and tell it to replace existing files.
Well... That part was clear to me. I just expected to be able to automate this for the future.

Thanks anyway. :-)
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
vanOert Wrote:Well... That part was clear to me. I just expected to be able to automate this for the future.

Thanks anyway. :-)

Thats the easiest way until its on the repo, that I know of.
Hmm? No need to download full zips if you want to update. Clone the repo into your addons dir. Then to update, just pull (or fetch and rebase). No clue how to do it using the gui tools in Windows, but it should be relatively straightforward.

In Linux:
Code:
cd ~/.xbmc/addons
git clone git://github.com/wizardxbmcmods/Shade---XBMC.git skin.shade

Now to update:
Code:
cd ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.shade
git pull --rebase

There you have it, a 10sec update.

TheUni
Thank you.

Unfortunately I'm not a linux guy.. any chance of doing something similar with windows? I've looked around but this is completely new to me...
vanOert Wrote:Thank you.

Unfortunately I'm not a linux guy.. any chance of doing something similar with windows? I've looked around but this is completely new to me...

I have a how-to use git in windows in the FAQ section of Night, just follow that and obviously substitute the different git repo's...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Wow, thanks... Thats just what I wanted. :-)

Now... Is there a way of making the git pull a one-click-update? Something like a batch?

Also... what kind of irritates me... It doesn't seem to create any folder if I am not mistaken... though it actually works.
(2010-09-16, 00:36)vanOert Wrote: Wow, thanks... Thats just what I wanted. :-)

Now... Is there a way of making the git pull a one-click-update? Something like a batch?

Also... what kind of irritates me... It doesn't seem to create any folder if I am not mistaken... though it actually works.

I've set up a repository, which will take care of automatic updates. See here for infos : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124466

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GIT] The GIT-Repo for Shade0