Remove ratings display?
Hi guys,

Loving reFocus, but I'd like to remove the ratings stars if at all possible. I just don't use them (I guess I'm not interested in what other people have rated stuff as).

Couldn't see an option in the settings anywhere. I guess I might have to hack them from the XML?

Any suggestions welcome!

Justin
Ripping out these bits:

<control type="image">
<posx>1090</posx>
<posy>64</posy>
<width>128</width>
<height>32</height>
<info>ListItem.StarRating</info>
<aspectratio align="right">keep</aspectratio>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.Title)</visible>
</control>

Seems to do the trick. I've never messed with the skins before though, so can taking bits out like this cause any problems?
Not really, depends on what you're taking out though. Stuff like this is just bits information being displayed, they don't control anything.
Thanks Jereon. I'd also like to add the little HD flags onto the fanart when using list mode with the plot displayed.

Something else for me to try and get my head around Smile
Unless you think you can add that for the next release? I hate not knowing if something is HD or not Wink
Soul Wrote:Unless you think you can add that for the next release? I hate not knowing if something is HD or not Wink

Yes, it would make sense to add it since it's there for posters too. I'll put it on my list. Cheers
Thanks Jeroen!
Is there a way to add our own ratings for movies like there is for music?
Is it possible to add this feature or is that an xbmc limitation?
johnny utah Wrote:Is there a way to add our own ratings for movies like there is for music?
Is it possible to add this feature or is that an xbmc limitation?

scrape your movie details with Ember Media Manager and in the info screen of each movie you can select a star rating.

This isn't included in XBMC unfortunately
Any plans to make rating a toggle option in future releases Jeroen??
you think you could add a option to make the rating as text, seems my movies have the same amount of stars almost, but there is a big difference between 6 out 10 and 8 out of 10
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
Both pretty unlikely to be implemented, sorry
Soul Wrote:Ripping out these bits: [cut] Seems to do the trick. I've never messed with the skins before though, so can taking bits out like this cause any problems?
I moved those bits from ViewsMusic.xml and ViewsVideos.xml but I'm still getting the stars in TV shows. I searched the other Views*.xml files and didn't see any more instances. Any ideas which xml I should be looking at?
I found it in IncludesFlags.xml
henrikyo Wrote:you think you could add a option to make the rating as text, seems my movies have the same amount of stars almost, but there is a big difference between 6 out 10 and 8 out of 10

Maybe you could do a ten star mode I toyed with it when I was using Aeon Laugh

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3757/82527821.png

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove ratings display?1