Adding Main Menu Item for BeyondTV?
I am not sure where to ask this question so decided to start here.

I have Launcher installed in XBMC and have created a item that launches BeyondTV. Unfortunately starting BeyondTV this way requires the user know that BeyondTV is launched by first going to Programs and clicking on the item there.

Ideally I would like this to be a main menu level item and was wondering if it was possible?

Take Care

PS Love the skin by the way.

PPS I figured it out but in the processed noticed a possible issue. When navigating the Favorites tab in Settings | Skin you can't use the mouse on the Favorite tab. The only way I was able to enter the information was to use the arrow and tab keys. If I tried to use the mouse, the tab automatically changes to the next tab in the order (can't remember which one it is)

Take Care
Cool so you got it working ok - nice one.

It's not really designed to work with a mouse so there are the odd mouse issues - works fine with a remote control or keyboard - in case anyone else has problems.
It works fine with the keyboard/remote. but that is the first time I have noticed issues with the mouse. On all of the other tabs (in that area) the mouse seems to work fine.
Once you have a favorite configured in XBMC is there a single keystroke that will launch the favolrite directly? I would like to configure my remote to launch it directly without having to navigate the menu.
Oh sorry ijourneaux - I don't know - you would probably have more luck with this if you post it in a more general help area part of the forum.
As I indicated, I was able to successfully create a main menu shortcut to BeyondTV that looks great.

Unforuntately it seems that the main menu choice doesn't want to stick. I am not sure of the exact circumstances but several times I have started XBMC, the new main menu item based on the favorite has disapeared. The favorite is still there but I have to re attache it to the main menu.

Any thoughts on cause and solution?

Take Care
No I've never had this with any menu items I've added to the home screen.

The only things I think that could cause this would be clicking "reset skin" in skin options or maybe deleting guisettings.xml in the userdata folder.
Sharpe Wrote:No I've never had this with any menu items I've added to the home screen.

The only things I think that could cause this would be clicking "reset skin" in skin options or maybe deleting guisettings.xml in the userdata folder.

I will check that later today. Today I bumped into another small issue. I re-added the main menu favorite but I didn't add the icon. I went back and edited the main menu favorite to add the graphic. Now I have 2 main menu favorites; one with and icon and one without.

Perhaps the steps you list below will fix that as well.

Take Care.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding Main Menu Item for BeyondTV?0