• 3(current)
Coming soon to Alaska Revisited
This a major update for Revisited only.
really loving the fact that you are still actively adding stuff to an already great skin.
how about a fanart centered view, where we have a low list of the posters and the rest of the screen just showing the fanart. would be sweet!
also when pressing info is there an option to show the trailer? would fit in perfectly next to the other options.
another thing, can i change the colour of revisited like in the original? im not the biggest fan of the milky white background Wink
great job hitcher!!
Fully visible fanart is never going to happen in Alaska as it was designed to be the 'anti-Aeon' of skins.

The Trailer button only shows up when there is a trailer available.

See Aksala.
ok cool thanks!
one more question. (even though this isnt really alaska specific)
i like the option to have the fanart shown on the home menu buttons.
back running camelot there was a script to extract the fanart from the databas and put it in two seperate folders one for tv and one for movies.
this script doesnt work anymore under dharma, so how can i go about extracting the movie/tv fanart to set a multi image folder for the homescreen?

cheers!
No idea. If you can find the thread I'd post in there.
Hi Hitcher, amazing stuff! Looking forward to trying this out.

Also what about the questions mentioned below, well - mostly font size for me, since I can manage with the light themes as my brightness on the tv is kinda low anyway.

Would be great to have a skin for daily use that's as stylish but also readable as BIG Alaska was.

Livin Wrote:Hitcher,
I have tried almost every skin and still stick with Alaska - you've done a GREAT job!

I'm hoping you will consider putting in a few features...

a) BIG Alaska's themes - I use the blue colors since my eye sight is not good with the lighter backgrounds

b) BIG Alaska's font sizes - again, bad eyesight

c) ability to add custom Home menu items via setting (not using Favorites). A few skins have this now and it is very helpful. I have added a few items (Kids Videos, New Videos, etc) and it just makes it 100x easier for guests, children, etc to navigate if everything is on the home menu.

thank you & happy holidays!
Question regarding TV Tunes Addon.

I had the TV Tunes addon enabled when I switched to this skin. Now the TV tunes script is playing in the background when I am browsing my tv library. The odd thing is, instead of fanart I get the Now Playing Music Visualization rather than TV show Fanart (well I guess its not odd since Alaska does not support it. Are there any plans to fully support the TV Tunes addon? As of right now I choose to switch back to Night, turned off TV Tunes and then switched back to Alaska Revisited.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
You probably need to shutdown XBMC as the script was probably running with different conditions.
odt_x Wrote:Hi Hitcher, amazing stuff! Looking forward to trying this out.

Also what about the questions mentioned below, well - mostly font size for me, since I can manage with the light themes as my brightness on the tv is kinda low anyway.

Would be great to have a skin for daily use that's as stylish but also readable as BIG Alaska was.

Way too much work for me unfortunately.
On the wall view are we able to switch ti to vertical scroll or is it horizontal only?
Horizontal only to keep the focused line central.
Hitcher, thank you for this wonderful skin and all the work you do. My family enjoys it.
hey hitcher how about the option to hide studio flags only if there is no studio information available.
i like the idea of seeing the studio flags, but i have quite a few movies without studio information and then it only shows up the "?" icon which looks kinda unprofessional.
i know there is the option to hide all studioflags but showing them selectively would be far nicer!
Hitcher:

I'm loving this skin now. It has all the views that I want and I love the minimalist design.

I want to add a new item to the main menu for the Advanced Launcher Application. How would I go about doing this? I know I can add a custom sub menu to the Apps section but I would rather have a dedicated button. I also don't want to modify an existing button because I use all of them. If its a huge amount of work then I won't worry about it but if I just have to modify a couple of xml files then I think I could handle it. If you could just give me a few pointers, or at least tell me what files would need to be modified then I think I could figure it out.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:I want to add a new item to the main menu for the Advanced Launcher Application. How would I go about doing this? I know I can add a custom sub menu to the Apps section but I would rather have a dedicated button. I also don't want to modify an existing button because I use all of them. If its a huge amount of work then I won't worry about it but if I just have to modify a couple of xml files then I think I could handle it. If you could just give me a few pointers, or at least tell me what files would need to be modified then I think I could figure it out.

Check the end of this thread... I added an "Apple Trailers" button to my main menu, so it might give you the answers you want.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coming soon to Alaska Revisited0