• 2(current)
[LINUX] Sam's beta image for Apple TV?
jagabongo Wrote:Problem solved...

Used a USB-Hub then edited /etc/network/interfaces

changes eth0 to eth1 and rebootet! now everthing works!!

Don't suppose you want to take an image of your fixed version and upload it, jagabongo, for those of us who don't have USB hubs Smile

Would be much appreciated! Nod
I'm on it just backup the image with "usbit"

Upload could take a bit because of my slow internet connection!

I will post update here! Smile
Is it possible just to edit the img file and repack it somehow? Might save you the upload. Otherwise thanks for doing it.
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thank you very much Big Grin
hmm you can try unpack the image change the file and repack. don't know if this works... Sad try and inform us here pls Smile

meanwhile i start the upload Wink
Re unpacking , I tried looking for that information before, couldnt figure it out. I thought someone might know.
problem... i used a 16gb usb stick... so when i backup the image usbit makes a 16gb image... Sad thats too much to upload an you are not able to restore to a 4gb usb device... whats next !? don't really know what to do !?
jagabongo, help me with
Login:
Password:

and how to edit
user & pass is both "atv"
if you restore the original image to a USB drive, you can then access the partition with an ext2 app if you're in Windows, or just mount it as another drive if you're running linux, and edit the /etc/network/interfaces file.

I tried it with a read only ext2 app for windows which worked fine for viewing/saving the file, but the only read/write app I can find is http://www.fs-driver.org/index.html which doesn't install on Windows 7... :/
jagabongo Wrote:user & pass is both "atv"

Thanks
Well thats alot of messing about/learning for the day.

With the tips about the ext2 read/write and the network/services changes I finally got it to work.

I used this (http://www.thewireframecommunity.com/node/174)for mac and changed the file as suggested in this thread. It came up with an error on first boot and said it would boot again. Second time around it spent AGES going through downloads and text and who knows what else and finally came up with XBMC linux .. yay.

Havent tried it yet but ill take it on faith that its awesome.

Next step will be the HDD install.... tomorrow.

Hopefully Sam will be back to help for that.
Glad to hear you got it working Smile

Now, if only I was able to get mine working ...
Edit: All fixed now thanks Sam. Works beautifully. Tomorrow I shall probably try the install to HDD.
Don't upload a usbit backup. Ever. There is a specific image preparation process.

As for no HDMI sound, you did make adjustments according to the wikis post install steps?

Will put up a fixed image soon
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Sam's beta image for Apple TV?0