Way to Mute/Lower Notification Volume
(2013-05-30, 10:56)nickr Wrote:
(2013-05-30, 10:50)topfs2 Wrote:
(2013-05-29, 08:18)Martijn Wrote: fixing the sound files is much much easier than adding something in the code.
if they are too loud it should be fixed in the files itself not adding some complicated setting

I don't see why it needs to be complicated. And IMO its a valid feature, some are hard of hearing and wants it louder. Some doesn't want it at all. Its not a thing which necessarily needs to follow the audio levels of playback either.

Here is how its done on Android, which could be one way of uncomplicating it.
See posts 11 and 12 (especially 11)

Not sure how 12 relates to my response but as for 11 I mostly argued that it would be a valid feature to have in core, i.e. something accessible on all platforms. (except Android as we should just stream to the correct virtual sinks there so its the same as system settings.)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I meant that I think you simply need to realise that there are some features that won't happen unless you code it yourself. Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-31, 09:08)nickr Wrote: I meant that I think you simply need to realise that there are some features that won't happen unless you code it yourself. Smile

You know I'm a dev right Tongue granted I haven't had much time with xbmc lately but still Tongue
Personally I don't like notification sounds that much but I mostly wanted to show my support if anyone would want to do a pull on it that I will most likely give a +1 on it

We, as a team, have been criticized for not showing our standpoint before patches are made and thus some feel unnecessary work has been done. Which is why I wanted to state that not all devs are against a feature like this, if anyone stands up and produce the necessary code.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Quote:You know I'm a dev right Tongue granted I haven't had much time with xbmc lately but still Tongue
yeah I should have noticed that earlier. I'll STFU now and stop making a dick of myself. Cheers.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
So where would I find this file on a linux system? I'm one of those who want it removed / lowered.
<edit>I underestimated my search skills : )
/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/sounds/notify.wav
</edit>
Would you like me to post my edited notification file with the volume already lowered?
(2014-04-07, 01:13)TheFatherMind Wrote: Would you like me to post my edited notification file with the volume already lowered?
Thank you TheFatherMind, that's very generous! I think it I've managed to edit it with Audacity (I wasn't expecting it to save to that path witthout privileged permissions). I need to test it some more because at the same time I've also disabled the WakeOnLan plugin settings from making notifications so I'm waiting to hear it now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Way to Mute/Lower Notification Volume0