Optical audio issues (handshake?)
Hey folks. I have a machine running XBMC and this problem is not specific to XBMC (it effects all sound leaving the PC) but I thought I'd float this out here.

I had everything configured and working well, recently installed a service pack for Vista and then rolled back after the problems started.

What's happening is that if I leave my Onkyo (tx-sr607) reciever running it stops recognizing audio from the optical output of my PC. I'm running video over HDMI and audio over optical because I had issues getting audio out to my reciever from XBMC via HDMI. I accepted that and have been running fine over optical.

If I change inputs to my dish network reciever or if I power down and power back up I will have audio again.

It seems like there's some kind of sleep function on the optical input or maybe when the PC kicks on it's screensaver it's sending a different kind of signal that jams up the reciever... Essentially something is causing it to stick and the only way to un-stick it is to change inputs or power cycle.

Again, I know it's not XBMC specific but any thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Optical audio issues (handshake?)0