Incorrect flag for aspect ratio
Some aspect ratio icons for movie files (mostly mkv) are showing up incorrectly. For example, I have an mkv which the film is 2:35:1 and in the nfo file the aspect ratio says
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
<aspect>2.353</aspect>
When this item is first scanned into the library, the icon for the AR says 1.78:1 which is incorrect. If I refresh it then it says 2.35:1. Then, if I play it again, it goes back to 1.78:1. Any fix for this? I cant understand why xbmc thinks it is 1.78:1.
Well 1.78 is 1920/1080, which is presumably where XBMC is getting that figure. Either the <width> or more likely the <height> must be wrong.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Well 1.78 is 1920/1080, which is presumably where XBMC is getting that figure. Either the <width> or more likely the <height> must be wrong.

JR

OK so I figured out why this is happening but dont know a fix. When a 2.35:1 movie is being played, regardless of what details are in the nfo file, XBMC counts the bars on top and bottom as part of the image and thinks it is 1.78.
There has to be a fix for this and I'm surpirsed no one has brought this up before as I know I'm not the only picky XBMC user.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect flag for aspect ratio0