TVDB scraper explanation please?
Hi guys

I'm getting a bit tied up in here....
I'm trying to implement in MediaCompanion, the use of XBMC Scrapers.
I've already done it for imdb and tmdb, but i can't seem to manage to get the results i would expect from tvdb... can someone please explain me what are the input parameteres, and what results to expect from the functions bellow(used in xbmc scraper of tvdb):

-EpisodeGuideUrl
-GetSearchResults
-GetDetails
-GetEpisodeList
-GetEpisodeDetails

I've already looked in the Wiki, but i can't seem to find what i'm looking for.

Thanks in advance
I think i have made some progress...
With the result of GetSearchResults, i'll use the url that is provided, and that url points to a zip file that contains 3 xml files (en.xml, banners.xml, actors.xml) or i can replace in the url, the part "/all/en.zip" with the xml files i need.
What i'm doing now is call the function GetDetails 3 times... one for each xml file in buffer 4. Is this the right thing to do ??
And in the end i'm "merging" the 3 results.
But somehow... this doesn't feel right.... is this the right thing to do ??
Can someone please help ?
To the other functions (EpisodeGuideURL, GetEpisodeList and GetEpisodeDetails) i haven't get there yet, if someone could explain them to me, i'd appreciate

Thanks
not how it works. we unzip any file inside the zip and stuff them in the input buffer one after another.
the functions do as their name suggests. one fetches the episodeguideurl from nfo files. one parses the list of episodes and one parses the info for them episodes.
Hi spiff

Thanks for taking the time to answer me.
Can you please tell me the input parameters for each one of the three functions and the buffer numbers to use?

Thanks a lot
EpisodeGuideURL - $$1 = contents of nfo file you want to probe

GetEpisodeList - $$1..<number of urls> contents of the episodeguide urls returned in GetDetails or ^^. the next buffers holds the urls to those pages. afaik nothing actually uses several urls these days so it's usually
$$1 = contents of url
$$2 = url

GetEpisodeDetails - $$1 = contents of url for the specific episode as returned in GetEpisodeList
thanks for your help spiff, but somehow i can't get the function GetEpisodeList to work, i have to dig up a little more.

Thanks for your help anyway
GetEpisodeList shall be called with the contents of the url in the <episodeguide> tag you are given in GetDetails
After a few hours around this problem, i've come to the conclusion, that there must be a bug somewhere in xScraperLib (by sofakng) that i'm using.
I reached this conclusion, because i've tried ScraperXML (by Nicezia) but using the old tvdb scraper, and by giving the exact same parameters to both Lib's... ScraperXML gives me positives results on GetEpisodeList, but xScraperLib gives me an error.
Unfortunatly for me...ScraperXML doesn't work yet with the new scrapers.
Thank you very much for your help spiff.
The problem i was having was indeed with xScraperLib... i've found the bug and made the proper corrections.
If it's not asking too much... i have only one more doubt.
When using GetDetails, the actors come sort of "duplicate".... well not really duplicate, i have listed all actors with thumbs, and then i have all the same actors but without thumbs.
I have checked the scraper, and the two regex are there... one for actors putting the url for the actor thumbnail, and the other without using any url for thumbs.
My question is: is it possible to use any variable in the settings file to enable just one of this regex(but without edit the scraper itself), or do i have to edit the scraper and delete the one i wont use??

Thanks again for your support
hi
Im not yet clear about the relationship between -GetEpisodeList
and -GetEpisodeDetails. GetEpisodeList seems to return a list of episodes as specified by the episode guide in the format

<episodeguide>
<episode>
<title>foo</title>
<url cache="something">bar</url>
<epnum>5</epnum>
<season>1</season>
<id>40540</id>
<aired>date</aired>
</episode>
</episodeguide>

is getEpisodeDetails called for all episodes or only the one that matches from advancedSettings.xml and how is matching done?

thanks
GetEpisodeList gets us the list of available episodes and a url to their info. we then call GetEpisodeDetails repeatedly on those urls, according to the episodes we have found (through enumerating using tvshowmatching expressions).
spiff Wrote:GetEpisodeList gets us the list of available episodes and a url to their info. we then call GetEpisodeDetails repeatedly on those urls, according to the episodes we have found (through enumerating using tvshowmatching expressions).

hi
could you elaborate a little more on how the tvshowmatching expression is done? If I return 25 episodes in GetEpisodeList, how is the matching done to decide which urls to call GetEpisodeDetails on?

thanks
tvshowmatching expressions runs on the files in the directory, extracting season and episode numbers from the filenames (if successfully). these are then matched to the entries returned from GetEpisodeList. can't really be more elaborate than that as there's nothing else to it.
ah thanks. so its the episode and season number that have to match. Would you know if the episode and season numbers have to be only numeric?

The reason is Im using anidb as my scraper and my files have been named that way. So episode numbers are sometimes non-numeric.

my advanced settings xml is correctly returning non numeric values for the episode numbers

GetEpisodeList does the same. But I noticed that getEpisodedetails isnt being called correctly. My only guess is that its discarding the nonnumeric values.
currently they are stored as integers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB scraper explanation please?1