[RELEASE] Fusion Genesis (v.0.8.5) Public Beta
Awesome... never gonna change to another skin again!

RazorFR Wrote:Thanks Arcanthur & Team Blackbolt.
It does look nice and the overhaul purpose of simplicity, usability and refinement is achieved.

I am used to Xperience, so I did some very minor modifications to bring the skin behaviour a bit closer to what I am used to.

Main Movie icon takes you to movie titles by default and back to home on return
In 720p folder / Home.xml
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movies)</onclick>
By <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

Main TV Shows icon takes you to TV shows titles by default and back to home on return
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,tvshows)</onclick>
By <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,TvShowtitles,return)</onclick>

Main Pictures icon takes you to Big Pictures addon by default
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(pictures)</onclick>
By <onclick>RunScript(script.image.bigpictures)</onclick>

Main Programs icon takes you to Launcher Plugin by default and back to home on return
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(programs)</onclick>
By <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(10001,plugin://plugin.program.launcher/,return)</onclick>

Enable Xbmc Subtitles in Video OSD
In 720p folder / VideoOSD.xml
Replace <onclick>XBMC.RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubtitleScript_Path)])</onclick>
By <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</onclick>
You'll have confluence GUI, as it is not skinned in Fusion

These are very small tweaks. I am posting them just in case it might be of interest for other people.
Last thing I would like to do is enabling some nice poster views in programs for games, any help is welcomed.

Thanks a lot for Fusion
RazorFR Wrote:Thanks Arcanthur & Team Blackbolt.
It does look nice and the overhaul purpose of simplicity, usability and refinement is achieved.

I am used to Xperience, so I did some very minor modifications to bring the skin behaviour a bit closer to what I am used to.

Main Movie icon takes you to movie titles by default and back to home on return
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movies)</onclick>
By <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

Main TV Shows icon takes you to TV shows titles by default and back to home on return
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,tvshows)</onclick>
By <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(videolibrary,TvShowtitles,return)</onclick>

Main Programs icon takes you to Launcher Plugin by default and back to home on return
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(programs)</onclick>
By <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(10001,plugin://plugin.program.launcher/,return)</onclick>

Main Pictures icon takes you to Big Pictures addon by default
Replace <onclick>xbmc.activatewindow(pictures)</onclick>
By <onclick>RunScript(script.image.bigpictures)</onclick>

Enable Xbmc Subtitles in Video OSD
In 720p folder / VideoOSD.xml
Replace <onclick>XBMC.RunScript($INFO[Skin.String(SubtitleScript_Path)])</onclick>
By <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.xbmc.subtitles)</onclick>
You'll have confluence GUI, as it is not skinned in Fusion

These are very small tweaks. I am posting them just in case it might be of interest for other people.
Last things I would like to do

- Enable some nice poster views in programs for games.
- Can't see how to populate Featured/Favourites? items.

Any help is welcomed

Thanks a lot for Fusion

I just signed up to say THANK YOU for those tweaks!!! Big Grin

Loving this skin, working extremely well on Openelec build! Great work developers.
Wonderful job, all I expected and more since the the first screenshots (well OSD controls Wink).

I have to say one of the best, usable and stylish skins, out there. Just epic. Smile

BTW
How to enable the randomitems script? I have it installed, but u also bundled it, unfortunately none work.
It looks like the random script only runs on start up of XBMC.
@Hitcher
So it's a bug and we have to wait for Arcanthur to fix it?
Japaja Wrote:@Hitcher

This happens in all skins (as far as I know). After changing to the skin you have to close and reopen XBMC and it should work for you.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
I don't know what to say, I already tried restarting and the script works both in the carmichael and SLik skins. :/
I am so excited to try this out. Thanks!
Japaja Wrote:@Hitcher

Well I guess it will need adding to the Home.xml as well for people who never switch off XBMC.
This is such a great skin that I feel bad about asking something so pedantic, but is there any way to turn off the fanart "throbbing" animation on the now playing screen for music?
I have started to mod this awesome skin a bit, just to make it exactly how I want it. I for example am not a fan of lowercase.

Preview of modded Video Info:

Anyway, is it only for me or is the clock not showing?
The clock shows fine for me on the info screen, what have you changed
to get the capital letters.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I don't have clock either (top right next to weather), if I don't select English.
Also I somehow managed to get the featured and random script working, but TV featured episode is empty.
I just stumbled across this beautiful skin but have some questions. In some of the screenshots i see a bar in the middle of the recently added and featured section. How do i get to this? Also, how do i get the featured section to work?
hermy65 Wrote:I just stumbled across this beautiful skin but have some questions. In some of the screenshots i see a bar in the middle of the recently added and featured section. How do i get to this? Also, how do i get the featured section to work?

Settings > Fusion > Home Settings > Extras > Uncheck "Hide Submenus"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Fusion Genesis (v.0.8.5) Public Beta0