[RELEASE] Fusion Genesis (v.0.8.5) Public Beta
Well, its been a long road to here, but its all been worth the effort. Now the first public release of Fusion is finally here.

Dubbed "Fusion Genesis" for the birth of what I hope to be a skin that I will continue to improve over time and one that I hope the community fully embraces.

"Fusion is all about simplicity, usability, and refinement. Taking what others have achieved in the past and making an attempt to improve upon those ideas."

Since this is a beta, there are some known issues, mostly related to inconsistencies, ie default icons, animations, colors, etc.

Also the playercontrols.xml (Press "M") screen is not present in this version as I am planning on something nice for it, but as its not integral to the function of the skin I wanted to release the skin first.

Please let me know what you think, first impressions & thoughts after using it a while.

For now, until I move to another download location you can grab it here:

Fusion Genesis v0.8.5 18.6mb
I've been waiting for this, thanks. Downloading now.
Best things in LIFE are FREE... not really.

XBMC ● Eden 11.0 Final ● retroFocus ● Windows7 x86
WIP ● Visit my site: retroFocus [reFOCUS mod]
Just finished puttering around through the skin and I must say that I quite like it. Everything feels smooth and sleek. Everything looks and feels purposeful; there is little that feels out of place or thrown in for no good reason.

I particularly like the TV Views which the majority show the number of episodes (watched/unwatched) and Movie views (which show the running time). It is great knowing just how long something is when you are tight on time but want to squeeze in one more movie.

Sure, there are things I can nitpick over, but I won't until the skin develops more. Some of the things I notice may not yet be implemented or in flux. The only immediate thing I wish it had was a time-remaining label in the Video OSD. If it isn't in your plans, it is no problem. I can tinker with it and my add own somewhere down the line.

Overall, I say your skin is pretty fraking wonderful. I can really tell how much time and effort was put into it. Major props for bringing YOUR vision to life without getting bogged down by committee wants/suggestions. Again, stellar job.
Any idea if this will be added to the official repo once its more tested and so on...?
Like it a lot. The style is unique and very beautiful. Unfortunately, the Big List View, the one I looked forward to the most is not really an option on my ION HTPC. Even with fanart and all media flags turned off it doesn't get anywhere near smooth. Guess I have one more reason to upgrade soon. Wink
WOW this is the 1st time I've ever seen this skin, the WIP video looks great, I must add this to my skin collection.
this is better than it looked in the images !!!!

great work Arcanthur.

i`d love to see clearlogo support. For example imho the bigfan view could use clearart or clealogo instead of the poster.

Also i think that the music music library could use the wall view.

a tiny "problem"

in the home screen you need a space after the "added".
Mikesch Wrote:Like it a lot. The style is unique and very beautiful. Unfortunately, the Big List View, the one I looked forward to the most is not really an option on my ION HTPC. Even with fanart and all media flags turned off it doesn't get anywhere near smooth. Guess I have one more reason to upgrade soon. Wink
Yeah I was worried about that when adding all the options and visibility conditions to that viewtype. I think the only way around it is to remove them all from the actual view and let the user choose them in the settings - this shouldn't really be a problem because once you know how you want it to look you're not likely to worry about having them on-the-fly.
Great skin! Even better using it than it looks in pics Big Grin. Any plans or a chance for a banner view? It's much easier to find banners for more obscure shows than Posters, it'd be nice to have a banner view for this beautiful skin, maybe like the sideways banner view from Shade? It's always been a favourite of mine.
Fantastic skin, unique style!

Would there be a bugs thread for this beta somewhere? Found a little problem, when starting a movie the please wait label on top right doesn't show on aTV and Mac,

Also would you mind adding the cinema experience button in the movie info screen Smile

Apart from that all seems perfect
Current setup:
Amlogic M3/MX + Linux + BOXiK Skin + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6

Previous setup:
Revo 3700 + flirc + OpenElec nightlies + Quartz + Pioneer vsx520 + Dali Lektor 6
atv1 + Crystalbuntu + XBMC nightly + xperience1080
I just love it, greate work man!
Downloading now!! Thank you very much!! Big Grin
Ilia Wrote:Would there be a bugs thread for this beta somewhere?
Um, the thread under this one?
Oh yes, at least we all have our xmas present and it's fantastic! Just browsing through the skin, it's very fast and i love the clear and nice looking views. Thanx for another superb skin!
Just... wow. This skin is perfect for me. Thank you for all your hard work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Fusion Genesis (v.0.8.5) Public Beta0