• 1(current)
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.00
Sad 
Lo everyone,

I've got a rather annoying problem.

I have a movie (japanese, 5 cm per second) in m2ts format with english subtitles in it, they are not forced on screen, i can activate/deactivate them.

In XBMC 9.11 the subtitles played flawlessly , correct timing, placing etc ...

In XBMC 10.00 (newest official release) the subtitles still do display but they dissapear after a split second, you can't even read the first letters ...

Is there a way i can solve this or am i the only one experiencing this ?

So ar that one movie seems the only one to have a problem, but its just strange that it worked correctly with the previous install of XBMC 9.11

Thanks.
Question 
I noticed the exact same problem... Anyone?
One extra person also noticed this not only with final dharma but also with beta's. Currently using the subtitle addon to download an alternative subtitle.

Specs: asrok ion 330ht-bd with linux (openelec) and dharma final.
recognition ! Big Grin

Well it seems there is a bug somewhere, pity i can't reproduce it with other movies. It's a sort of hit and miss.
Please post a debug log and a small sample file that shows the problem.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I too am seeing this problem, although I have only seen it so far with Forced Subtitles - I reported this as a new thread, but it was merged into here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34990&page=4

I will try to create a small enough sample file to post.

Cheers
D2K
I have the same problem with all my m2ts movies (82 atm). Source of the movies are AVCHD files (blue ray images cropped to DVD9 format).

Problem started in the beta version, older version then that did display the subtitle correct, it just didnt remove the text when nothing was said.

Where can I find the debug thingy so I can post it here if needed. Can't make a small sample of the video though Sad
yup got to figure out the log thingy as well. Have never used it, got to look it up on wiki i guess.
It's only related to the default subs that are embedded in m2ts (blu-ray) files .. Is there any bugreport filed already ? It's rather anoying ..
I also would like to know if anyone has found a fix yet...
I'm having the same problem.. also with a blue-ray(i run the .bdmv file) /.m2ts files.
the subs show for 1/10th of a sec.
I see the same issue. The streams have the right indexing, so it seems to be an issue with 10.0.
Same, problem (edit: and using Linux not windows). Debug log here:

https://www.file1.info/zUvbU9s
I figured it out. Its actually an issue with the subtitle rippers such as BDSup2sub etc. When they extract the subtitles, they create a following segment to "wipe" the data. The timings used in those "wipe" frames is incorrect. They actually put the time equal to or just greater than the next frame ... which gives it the effect of flashing. I authored my own extraction and no longer have the problem. It isn't XBMC after all in my opinion ... although they should have something that auto plays forced subs keeping us from having to do this after all.
moosery Wrote:I figured it out. Its actually an issue with the subtitle rippers such as BDSup2sub etc. When they extract the subtitles, they create a following segment to "wipe" the data. The timings used in those "wipe" frames is incorrect. They actually put the time equal to or just greater than the next frame ... which gives it the effect of flashing. I authored my own extraction and no longer have the problem. It isn't XBMC after all in my opinion ... although they should have something that auto plays forced subs keeping us from having to do this after all.

This doensn't seem to be the only issue. I have the same problem with 'stock' subtitles straight out of tsMuxer.
The strange thing is that the subtitles of some files work like a charm while the ones of others vanish. I have even found an file where some of the shorter subtitles work while the longer ones vanish.
And I couldn't find any difference while comparing working and vanishing .sup-Files is BDSup2sub.

However, my problem seems to be a Windows-only problem. I'm having the problems on both of my Win7 systems (running 10.0 final) while the system running XBMC-Live (still Beta 3) shows all subtitles flawlessly.
I will upgrade the XBMC-Live to the final release in the next few days to see if it really is a Windows issue or a post-beta-3 issue.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.002