• 2(current)
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.00
moosery Wrote:I figured it out. Its actually an issue with the subtitle rippers such as BDSup2sub etc. When they extract the subtitles, they create a following segment to "wipe" the data. The timings used in those "wipe" frames is incorrect. They actually put the time equal to or just greater than the next frame ... which gives it the effect of flashing. I authored my own extraction and no longer have the problem. It isn't XBMC after all in my opinion ... although they should have something that auto plays forced subs keeping us from having to do this after all.
There probably was such functionality in 9.11 and that was removed in 10.0 it seems. Anyone filed a bug report about this?
Any update on this problem? It is still happening unfortunaly, but less on the newly release AVCHD release. How do I extract the subtitle from the movie so I get a working srt file?
I found an 'easy' way to extract the desired subtitles from the m2st file.

1. Use tsMuxeR to extract the desired .SUP file from the m2st
2. Use BDSup2Sub to convert the .SUP file to .IDX and .SUB file which can be played by XBMC (just give it the same name as the movie file).

You do not need to edit the file in anyway to get working subtitles. Hope the a new version will make this extracting absolute and that XBMC will simply show us subtitles which come with the m2st file Smile
Lightbulb 
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11729

Ticket added
moosery Wrote:I figured it out. Its actually an issue with the subtitle rippers such as BDSup2sub etc. When they extract the subtitles, they create a following segment to "wipe" the data. The timings used in those "wipe" frames is incorrect. They actually put the time equal to or just greater than the next frame ... which gives it the effect of flashing. I authored my own extraction and no longer have the problem. It isn't XBMC after all in my opinion ... although they should have something that auto plays forced subs keeping us from having to do this after all.

I'm having the same issue, I demuxed the sup file with tsmuxer and then used Subtitle Edit for editing. I think it' was SubtitleEdit that might of wiped out the timings of the frames. What exactly was the route you took if you don't mine sharing the tools you used.
This error exists already 4ever. If you type 'xbmc m2ts s' in google you immedeately get'xbmc m2ts subtitles'. Because they don't work. Thanks muskusrat for the tip
Sad 
chaotic33 Wrote:This error exists already 4ever. If you type 'xbmc m2ts s' in google you immedeately get'xbmc m2ts subtitles'. Because they don't work. Thanks muskusrat for the tip

Please try to contibute to this thread by helping.
Version 9.11 does NOT have this problem.
Another workaround possibility:
Created an iso with Clown_BD: -> subs not working
Converted the non-working iso with makemkv to mkv: -> subs working
converted the mkv back to iso with Clown_BD: -> subs working

Question about bugtracker:
It says: Milestone: Future / Pending
Does it mean, that this problem will not be handled/fixed in Eden-release?
Are devs looking at this problem? Some bluray rips I have show the same problem in nightly builds so it seems that nothing has changed since 10.
Subs play fine in Powerdvd but I hate to have to leave XBMC everytime some sub wont show correctly...
This is most likely an ffmpeg issue. If recent VLC versions display the subs correctly, chances are v.good the problem will be solved in XBMC as well when we refresh ffmpeg. That's planned after Eden.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks for the update!
Sadly VLC media player has the same problem, see these bug tickets:
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3075
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3593
http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3648
(There are more about this.)

I do know that VLC 1.5 does not have this problem, but a slightly different one. In 1.5 the subs are not hiding in time: they go away when the next sub comes. This is only disturbing in movies with a long period of silence. Hope it will be fixed in XBMC and VLC.
This problem still happens with subtitles flashing on screen way too fast and not always displaying.
I'm using openelec frodo build

Is this problem being worked on in nightly builds?
Is this issue in the nightly builds solved.
Having this issue in a 2 month old PVR build.

An update would be nice
Please Devs is there any way to get a fix for this sooner than later?
It seems like a #1 priority issue being that it's subs and all.

PleaseBig Grin
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
m2ts subtitles vanish too fast in XBMC 10.002