XBMC and PowerDVD as external Player
boulala Wrote:hy together

i have a question that maybe could be solved here. i also try using powerdvd as external player for my blu-rays but i can't figure out how to do this.
I read the wiki and the forums and normally it should work if you just copy the settings from the wiki and replace the necessari places for powerdvd. but i can't get xbmc to launch an external player at all. blu-rays don't play at all and dvds play in the internal player.
could someone put up his playercorefactory.xml or check mine and tell me what i'm doing wrong.

PS: it doesn't even appear in the context menu to choose manually!

PS2: i use 2 profiles at the moment. 1 for german movies and 1 for englisch movies. maybe the problem lies there.

I'm new to XBMC but I am liking it much better than WMC 7. I am using the Launcher add-on to launch PowerDVD 11. The one problem that I am having is that eventhough powerDVD loads ok, the remote is still controlling XBMC which is still open behind powerdvd. How do I make the remote control powerdvd when xbmc is still open in the background?
ddrum2000 Wrote:I'm new to XBMC but I am liking it much better than WMC 7. I am using the Launcher add-on to launch PowerDVD 11. The one problem that I am having is that eventhough powerDVD loads ok, the remote is still controlling XBMC which is still open behind powerdvd. How do I make the remote control powerdvd when xbmc is still open in the background?
One solution if to use a small script that will freeze XBMC while PowerDVD is running. Instead of starting PowerDVD from a launcher you start a script that will freeze XMBC and start PowerDVD. Then when PowerDVD will be closed, the script will restore XBMC. You will found such kind of script here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5
Angelscry Wrote:One solution if to use a small script that will freeze XBMC while PowerDVD is running. Instead of starting PowerDVD from a launcher you start a script that will freeze XBMC and start PowerDVD. Then when PowerDVD will be closed, the script will restore XBMC. You will found such kind of script here : http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5

So I tried to create the script but it didn't work. The remote still seems to control XBMC in the background. Here is the script i used with the built in Launcher plugin:

pssuspend XBMC.exe
C:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11"
PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

Any thoughts?
ddrum2000 Wrote:So I tried to create the script but it didn't work. The remote still seems to control XBMC in the background. Here is the script i used with the built in Launcher plugin:

pssuspend XBMC.exe
C:
PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe

Any thoughts?
First, you can start to remove then "C:" line form your script :
Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
Next, are you sure that the Pstools package is well installed on your system. And finally are you sure that your launcher is not still pointing to PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe but is pointing now to your .bat script?
Angelscry Wrote:First, you can start to remove then "C:" line form your script :
Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
Next, are you sure that the Pstools package is well installed on your system. And finally are you sure that your launcher is not still pointing to PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe but is pointing now to your .bat script?

So the script runs line by line correctly if I copy and paste it into a command prompt. I deleted and readded the launcher entry using the BAT file that I made. When I try to run the script from inside XBMC, PowerDVD loads correctly but "on top of" XBMC so the remote still controls XBMC. I think there is a problem with running the suspend command from inside XBMC or XBMC resumes too quickly before powerDVD opens. I'm not too familiar with windows scripts but it there a way to make sure that the resume command does not execute until after powerdvd closes?
And the contects of the Launchers.xml file.:

<launchers>
<launcher>
<name>PowerDVD 11</name>
<application>C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.bat</application>
<args></args>
<rompath></rompath>
<romext></romext>
<thumb></thumb>
<wait>true</wait>
<roms>
</roms>
</launcher>
</launchers>
ddrum2000 Wrote:So the script runs line by line correctly if I copy and paste it into a command prompt. I deleted and readded the launcher entry using the BAT file that I made. When I try to run the script from inside XBMC, PowerDVD loads correctly but "on top of" XBMC so the remote still controls XBMC. I think there is a problem with running the suspend command from inside XBMC or XBMC resumes too quickly before powerDVD opens. I'm not too familiar with windows scripts but it there a way to make sure that the resume command does not execute until after powerdvd closes?
You could try to add a line, after closing powerdvd, that will force the script to pause for 1 or 2 seconds. There not really bash command line for this, but you could use a small application like sleep.

Download the file, install the sleep executable file into your windows directory, then add the sleep command line :
Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe
sleep 2 /quiet
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
It may works...
Angelscry Wrote:You could try to add a line, after closing powerdvd, that will force the script to pause for 1 or 2 seconds. There not really bash command line for this, but you could use a small application like sleep.

Download the file, install the sleep executable file into your windows directory, then add the sleep command line :
Code:
pssuspend XBMC.exe
PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe
sleep 2 /quiet
pssuspend -r XBMC.exe
It may works...

So it tried that and it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way in the batch file to tell not have the resume command run until powerdvd exits?
ddrum2000 Wrote:So it tried that and it doesn't seem to work. Is there a way in the batch file to tell not have the resume command run until powerdvd exits?
It will become difficult to do this using a .bat file. It will be more easy to do this using an autoit script : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post972748. It will be possible to modify it and add command line that will suspend and restore XBMC :
Code:
Run ( "pssuspend XBMC.exe" )
Run ( "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "PowerDVD11.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "PowerDVDCinema11.exe" )
Run ( "pssuspend -r XBMC.exe" )
WinSetState ( "XBMC", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE )
Angelscry Wrote:It will become difficult to do this using a .bat file. It will be more easy to do this using an autoit script : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post972748. It will be possible to modify it and add command line that will suspend and restore XBMC :
Code:
Run ( "pssuspend XBMC.exe" )
Run ( "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "PowerDVD11.exe" )
ProcessWaitClose ( "PowerDVDCinema11.exe" )
Run ( "pssuspend -r XBMC.exe" )
WinSetState ( "XBMC", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE )

So this appears to work correctly except that i can't seem to be able to compile it into an exe. When ever I to do that I get an error that says "Error opening the destination file". I have also tried compiling with administrative privileges but it still does not seem to work. I am using win 7 x64. Thanks for the help.
ddrum2000 Wrote:So this appears to work correctly except that i can't seem to be able to compile it into an exe. When ever I to do that I get an error that says "Error opening the destination file". I have also tried compiling with administrative privileges but it still does not seem to work. I am using win 7 x64. Thanks for the help.
It happen to me some time. Check that a previous compiled version of your executable script is not already running into background. If so, you must use the task manager to close it before recompiling your executable.
Angelscry Wrote:It happen to me some time. Check that a previous compiled version of your executable script is not already running into background. If so, you must use the task manager to close it before recompiling your executable.

I checked, that doesn't seem to be the problem.
(2011-02-13, 02:00)elitegamer360 Wrote: NEW UPDATE RELEASED 22 SEP 2011.

Its fully functional in XBMC 10 using my Keyboard.xml and autohotkey script that I wrote specially for it, also its working cleanly in Windows Media Center with basic functionality in PowerDVD 10 and WinDVD 2010 "much better than the older version".

I made a work around for the info button and now it works flawlessly with XBMC and WMC! I think the majority wants this!! BUT PWDVD & WINDVD do not recognise "CTRL+D" they recognise this though "0f,00,00,00,01,09,02,\". =D

BTW I set the remote power button to send the PC to Sleep in this config, again you can edit it if you want. Details about registry configs/mods on my site.

Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg ---------------|Registry file that you will need for XBMC and other apps like WMCE
Blind_Multi_GSB_script_64bit_v0.7.85 ---|Win 64bit Version, Full XBMC functionality including GSB script and Multi monitor support!
Blind_Multi_GSB_script_32bit_v0.7.85 ---|Win 32bit Version, Full XBMC functionality including GSB script and Multi monitor support!

1- Download the .reg file and double click on it to install the remote settings.
2- Download one of the above Multi GSB scripts depending on your OS 32 or 64 bits and move it to your windows all users start up folder.
3- Make sure you have Autohotkey installed, I recommend the first instaler.
4- Finally restart your PC and you are good to go.

NOTE:
If you want to use this reg file you do not need any other script files, if you have any just delete them! The above scripts rules them all so make sure you use the right one.
I- The GSB script included here.
II- The info button works with both apps XBMC and Windows Media Center etc, no modding required... Now the info button changed to 0f,00,00,00,04,01,07,\ instead of 0f,00,00,00,01,09,02,\, so just change it on your computer or download Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg and reapply it again.
III- If you want to use the multiscreen function, i.e. automatically extend and/or disable a second screen then map one of your remote buttons to "CTRL+F11" without the quotes.

Cheers,
EG.

I don't mean to necro this thread but I followed all of these instructions and unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I installed AHK, put the 64 bit script in start up, merged the reg file and none of the binds stick. I have a Windows MCE remote, this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003WM5...UTF8&psc=1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and PowerDVD as external Player0