XBMC and PowerDVD as external Player
phyrros1 Wrote:I am having the same problem. The reg file does not seem to apply. Although Windows (7) excepts the file nothing gets added to the registry. Strange...

Any idea how to solve this?
thx
Phyrros

I'll be looking into this.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:I'll be looking into this.

Cheers,
EG.

Thanks for your effort !!

Regards
Phyrros
Star 
NEW UPDATE RELEASED 22 SEP 2011.

Its fully functional in XBMC 10 using my Keyboard.xml and autohotkey script that I wrote specially for it, also its working cleanly in Windows Media Center with basic functionality in PowerDVD 10 and WinDVD 2010 "much better than the older version".

I made a work around for the info button and now it works flawlessly with XBMC and WMC! I think the majority wants this!! BUT PWDVD & WINDVD do not recognise "CTRL+D" they recognise this though "0f,00,00,00,01,09,02,\". =D

BTW I set the remote power button to send the PC to Sleep in this config, again you can edit it if you want. Details about registry configs/mods on my site.

Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg ---------------|Registry file that you will need for XBMC and other apps like WMCE
Blind_Multi_GSB_script_64bit_v0.7.85 ---|Win 64bit Version, Full XBMC functionality including GSB script and Multi monitor support!
Blind_Multi_GSB_script_32bit_v0.7.85 ---|Win 32bit Version, Full XBMC functionality including GSB script and Multi monitor support!

1- Download the .reg file and double click on it to install the remote settings.
2- Download one of the above Multi GSB scripts depending on your OS 32 or 64 bits and move it to your windows all users start up folder.
3- Make sure you have Autohotkey installed, I recommend the first instaler.
4- Finally restart your PC and you are good to go.

NOTE:
If you want to use this reg file you do not need any other script files, if you have any just delete them! The above scripts rules them all so make sure you use the right one.
I- The GSB script included here.
II- The info button works with both apps XBMC and Windows Media Center etc, no modding required... Now the info button changed to 0f,00,00,00,04,01,07,\ instead of 0f,00,00,00,01,09,02,\, so just change it on your computer or download Muti.app.Config.v0.6.reg and reapply it again.
III- If you want to use the multiscreen function, i.e. automatically extend and/or disable a second screen then map one of your remote buttons to "CTRL+F11" without the quotes.

Cheers,
EG.
elitegamer360 Wrote:Cheers,

EG.

This worked absolutely perfectly.
I just made my 2 modifications (the aspect ratio button is mapped to "s" for the shutdown menu in xbmc also stops in powerDVD and the teletext button is Ctrl-x to close powerdvd and return to XBMC)
I am going to make the Info button work in XBMC and map one of the coloured buttons to the info screen in powerdvd.

Thanks again EG.
I'm pleased that things are working well for you now :-)

Cheers,
EG.
Cheers,
EG.[/quote]

Thanks for taking care of it. I had no chance to test it again but will do asap and report ;-)
Regards
Phyrros
hy together

i have a question that maybe could be solved here. i also try using powerdvd as external player for my blu-rays but i can't figure out how to do this.
I read the wiki and the forums and normally it should work if you just copy the settings from the wiki and replace the necessari places for powerdvd. but i can't get xbmc to launch an external player at all. blu-rays don't play at all and dvds play in the internal player.
could someone put up his playercorefactory.xml or check mine and tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Quote:<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD8\PowerDVD8.exe</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen /close</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>
</players>
<rules>
<rule dvd="true" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

PS: it doesn't even appear in the context menu to choose manually!

PS2: i use 2 profiles at the moment. 1 for german movies and 1 for englisch movies. maybe the problem lies there.
boulala Wrote:External Player Issue

This is the External Player xml I use for my PowerDVD10
Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="DVDPlayer" audio="true" video="true" />
<player name="DVDPlayer" />
<player name="PAPlayer" audio="true" />
<player name="PowerDVD" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="false">
<filename>C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD Cinema\PowerDVDCinema10.exe</filename>
<args>PowerDVD</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
<forceontop>false</forceontop>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PowerDVD"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Courtesy of Flotto85

Just wanted to add that I've made some changes to the 0.6 reg edit file (my own personal preferences)

Code:
5E,00,00,00,01,09,02,\ ; [Blue]          - SENDS "INFO"  WM_INPUT
5A,00,00,00,04,01,1b,\ ; [T "Teletext"]          - SENDS "CTRL+X"
0f,00,00,00,04,01,07,\ ; [Info]          - SENDS "Ctrl+D"
27,00,00,00,04,00,16,\ ; [Zoom]          - SENDS "S"

So the zoom button (top left button of this remote) brings the exit menu up.
The blue button (button right button) opens the Info panel inside PowerDVD
The Info button brings up the info panel in XBMC
T "Teletext" sends Ctrl+X which closes PowerDVD bringing XBMC back into focus.

Cheers to EG for his help!
thanks for your reply. gone try this one out tonight. you actually don't have to configure the default dvdplayer and paplayer because they are already in the system/playercorefactory.xml, or am i mistaking something? maybe that's the problem because i didn't specifie those. i checked the logs yesterday and it said that it loaded the playercorefactory.xml in my userdata but 5 lines furhter it states that it set the defaultdvdplayer to dvdplayer and not powerdvd as i set it in the playercorefactory.xml. so it actually loads the file but doesn't apply the configs.
tried it and it works like a breeze. thanks man.
now i have another question for you guys. does someone know the parameters to open powerdvd in fullscreen, automatically start the movie and at the end close? i couldn't find any info on that in the internet.
thanks
boulala Wrote:tried it and it works like a breeze. thanks man.
now i have another question for you guys. does someone know the parameters to open powerdvd in fullscreen, automatically start the movie and at the end close? i couldn't find any info on that in the internet.
thanks

I *think* that PowerDVD will remember the position of the window when it was last used.
If PowerDVD is running in cinema mode not classic mode that should also do it.

Try that.

Also I don't think you can make it close after the movie ends.
Cheers
Ok thanks. Got the Fullscreen mode figured out. Works just as expected. Shame on Cyberlink that it can't close after playback, that would have been great.
elitegamer360 Wrote:I was kind of not sure what to do with the info button! Because If I want "info" to work in XBMC then I'll have to set it to the default WMC keyboard shortcut "CTRL+D" and it works perfect! But it is just super fast for WMC and it can not be picked up!!!

If you try to hit "Ctrl+D" on your keyboard slowly it works, but if you try to do it fast it will not register "Stupid WMC".

Sometimes stupid problems are amenable to stupid solutions. With that in mind, I entered the following into my AutoHotkey script:

#IfWinActive ahk_class eHome Render Window

; Media Center doesn't recognize Ctrl+D sent from the remote.
; Reissuing it inserts a delay per the AHK documentation, and this
; allows it to work.
^d::
Send ^d
return

#IfWinActive

Now my Ctrl+D registry key mapping works in both 7MC and XBMC. (Sorry if this is old news, but I didn't see it anywhere else.)
Sorry to hijack this thread, but would these config-files work with my remote to asrock vision 3d 137b?

EDIT: Well, after some basic tweaking it works just perfect! Tnx alot.
Muyfa666 Wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread, but would these config-files work with my remote to asrock vision 3d 137b?

EDIT: Well, after some basic tweaking it works just perfect! Tnx alot.

Fantastic, Can you please tell us if you have this remote and if it uses the eHome driver. so we can include it in this wiki. It will be great if you can tell us what tweaking did you do unless if its just button remapping then that OK.

Many Thanks.

More info on how to find the eHome driver on my site/thread.

Cheers,
EG.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and PowerDVD as external Player0