First HTPC
I just set-up my first htpc a few days ago, but this Night skin has gotten the best of me.

Can anyone please help me begin to get this setup. Ive gotten it installed, but it sure doesnt look like the eye candy in the screen shots. I keep reading about landscape view and I am at a complete lost in the setting for finding this mode. I also have realized I need to download some icons fanart.tv. My night skins homepage does however look fine, but when i go into tv shows or movies, its just a long list of names that i can click on =/ i do have the posters and such like that working from scanning. But it looks nothing like this http://www.themurrayworld.com/xbmc/night/147/wall.png at all.
Depending on the current mode, press left arrow or up arrow (based on your description it should be left) until the entire screen dims a bit and it lets you change the layout.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
Where at in xbmc center do i hold the left key down? Ive done it on the home screen, under movies, and under tv shows for about 25 secs each time and it never dimmed or asked me anything, I also held the up key once too. This is what mine looks like in movies or tv shows http://i53.tinypic.com/fpd021.jpg
If you press left once on that screen a menu should pop up in the bottom of the screen and there you can change the "Viewtype" from "Files" to whatever you want.
Nothing pops up Blush . Do i need anything special enabled in windows? I do have aero mode turned off. This is just really frustrating to me because normally things come off so easy to me.

Edit: So if i change theme to movie stream redux, i do get that info panel, but am not getting it under night theme. Under redux theme I can change type from list to wide, movie pane etc etc. Should i reinstall Night theme?
How did you install Night? Did you download it through addons in XBMC?

Check if you have enabled "Lock views in place (Kiosk mode)" in Settings > Skin > General
It needs to be disabled if you want to do any changes to the views.
Yes, I did. It seems its the only theme that doesnt have that info panel working. I have the carmichael and switched to it and it also works
When you press left while in this view it'll bring up the "View Options" like so:

First option is what viewtype you want. The only way the "View Options" would not pop up is if you have "Lock views in place (Kiosk mode)" in Settings > Skin > General checked...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
ahhh yes kiosk mode was enabled!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First HTPC0