How would one go about start coding in a new visualizer for XBMC?
I'm interested in adding in a new visualization library for xbmc to use, but, with the updated addon interface, it appears all the documentation I'm finding is out of date. I've read the forums and the posts I've found also appear to be out of date with the new addon system style visualization libraries.

Could someone please point me to the proper documentation? Or could someone point me to where in the source the visualizations are loaded? I've found the addon.xmls for the current visualizations, but it seems all to easy to just compile the visualization library and create an addon.xml. So is there a catch I'm not seeing? Is there another configuration file I need to change or does the program need to know how to call the visualization library?

Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. A lot of you have been working with this codebase for a while and have a greater understanding and shared vocabulary concerning it. I'm just breaking into it, so, a primer or guiding hand would be very beneficial.

Thanks!

EDIT: P.S. Sorry for the slightly misleading title. I tried to edit it, but evidently one can't update the main thread title.
look at e.g. waveform, that's pretty much a minimal setup. take it from there. it's horrible undocumented, as this is what we will work on changing for eden..
spiff Wrote:look at e.g. waveform, that's pretty much a minimal setup. take it from there. it's horrible undocumented, as this is what we will work on changing for eden..

Ahh, I see. So there is an interface wrapper library that is created for the main visualization library. Then XBMC uses the exposed interface. How do these wrappers get loaded then, via the addon.xml?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How would one go about start coding in a new visualizer for XBMC?0