Fine tuning dharma install & main menu edition
I have installed Dharma using Git instructions and seems to be installed and work perfectly.

Now I would like to integrate my movies, music and music videoclips collections into XBMC. I started out with the movies first (because of the relatively small amount of movies I actually have) and to do so, I added a source in xmbc (from my NFS share) and set the content to "movies". XBMC immediately scraped the movie info from the web and assigned all kind of info to the movies (plot, genres, duration, movie posters, etc). I dont like this method ( I generally dont like automated stuff). I prefer to stay in control and provide all necessary info to XBMC to populate the media information applets and provide my own posters. Prior to installing xbmc I already had spent some time selecting & downloading movie posters for all my movies. Because some movies were not even detected correctly (they have the same title but are really not the same movie... Wink) some of these have the wrong cover and totally wrong descriptions/genre/etc. I am storing the movies in separate folders and each movie has its own poster as folder.jpg within the same folder as the movie.

So basically, how can I specify all info myself and only use the library to "present" the info?

Second question is regarding the main menu. I am using aeon65 and I would like to add (or modify an existing entry) to be able to launch firefox or any other application from the main menu? All instructions I've found over the web are addressing pre-dharma releases...

Thanks to all for helping!
You can use either the Launcher or Executer addons to launch Firefox. Then, once you have the launcher for Firefox working you can highlight it in the addons menu and press "C" to open up the context menu. Then choose "Add as Favorite". Now go to the settings menu and add your favorite for Firefox to the main menu. Its in the skin settings somewhere.

Ask in the Aeon forum if you can't find it and welcome to XBMC.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
As to the first question, XBMC should not have automatically scanned unless you ticked "run automatic scan." So don't tick that option and DO tick "exclude path from library updates." Then you can add each movie individually by highlighting it and clicking 'i' on the keyboard.
Guys, completely sorry, I forgot to activate subscription to this thread and never thought to check if somebody replied...

anyways, thanks for the replies, I will try all that and post back with my results.

Quote:...and welcome to XBMC.

Thanks a lot! XBMC seems AMAZING!!!!
OK so here's what I did:

I cleaned the library and deleted everything until xbmc was just like I finished installing it.

Then, I went to VIDEOS and added the NFS share where my movies are stored. In this NFS share, I am storing my movies by genre (each genre has a folder so you'll find action, comedy, war, etc). I added the root of the repository. The NFS share is mounted locally as /mnt/media-repository so I added this path as the source.

Then, I went to some movies and pressed "i" on the KB. A big screen came up with the movie info (cast, cover, plot, genre, duration, etc...) This is obviously auto retrieved from the web as I never specified this info anywhere & I have files containing this info. I want to specify this info. I understand this is more work but I am OK with that. If using a auto feature cant be bypassed because of xbmc limitations, please let me know.

After I did that with a few movies, I came back to the main menu and entered MOVIES to see my movies there with the wrong posters.... Not the ones I saved as "folder.jpg".

So at this point I think a step by step tutorial would greatly help. AFAIK xbmc uses .nfo files to retrieve data otherwise uses the web ? Correct?

Thanks guys!
Hi - Try renaming the video library database which is probably MyVideos34.db to old_MyVideos34.db.

Located here:
C:\Users\ your user name \AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Database

That should take care of it.

Regarding .nfo files - here's xbmc's explanation:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Import_-_Exp..._nfo_Files

Personally, I've followed this tutorial to clean-up my media library before:

http://lifehacker.com/5393227/turbo-char...stallation

Followed up with using BillyCo's Media Companion:
(home url is here: http://billyad2000.co.uk/)

It autoscrapes and generates .nfo files for you, as well as quickly lets you select fanart and posters from a number of sources on the interwebs.

Cheers!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fine tuning dharma install & main menu edition0