Aeon on an ION?
oh yeah one thing that is missing for now is coverflow there is only non coverflow atm but will look into incorporating it into aeon lite but non coverflow will always be default
Zombie,

Can you make a PVR version of this? considering Slik has a pvr version, you could use that code, maybe?
loggio Wrote:Zombie,

Can you make a PVR version of this? considering Slik has a pvr version, you could use that code, maybe?

Thats the plan i used Slik pvr build as a base so its there havent touched any of the code yet and wont until after i have released aeon lite because i dont have a tuner yet but it is there it will just look like slik until i have time / money to code it upWink
ZombieRobot Wrote:Thats the plan i used Slik pvr build as a base so its there havent touched any of the code yet and wont until after i have released aeon lite because i dont have a tuner yet but it is there it will just look like slik until i have time / money to code it upWink

Waiting patiently for the release....Wink
--Dascmo

\\ OpenElec \ Frodo \ ASROCK 330HT \\ AEON NOX 4.0 \\

Free Online Storage: Copy

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
oooo I'm rather interested in this too and Zombierobot's Novo skin..........first post this.

I'm a bit of a home cinema nut and have been meaning to get a HTPC set up for years. Plumped for an Acer Revo this week (this is my 1st ever PC!) and have been reading up online 24/7 non stop. Just spent the whole of today reading up on Showmix and downloading only to discover at the end that Zombierobot has had to call a possible end to keeping it alive.

So will keep an eye out for this as I'd like to get involved with one from the offset.

Now off to watch the youtube entries for meagainsttheworld which i believe is Zombierobot too. On a personal note - I cant thank Zombierobot enough for the help I've had from all the posts.

Hoping the youtube guides will explain it all as I've got about as far as 3 sets of partitioning, installing windows 7, ubuntu 10.10 and the xbmclive (not sure I really need two both of these installed?).

Have added the aeon65 skin and about to add backgrounds from 'geekstreet' (again thanks). Then its off to learn about MODS (and whatever they are) and actually getting some music and movies attached.

Doesn't help that due to location of my modem (2 doors down at a mates - area access etc) I'm having to download everything to my work PC and then USB stick into the Revo as I cant install anything on my work PC!!!!

Apologies if I've gone a bit off thread there. My heads about explode with knowledge.
hey Andrewf wow meagainsttheworld you have been doing your research first off id like to say dont follow the video tutorials on iMeAgainstTheWorldi they are old very old videos pre dharma videos you can use them as a guide but installing skins is different now. because of xbmc dharma release.

Nova started as my first skin i spent a lot of time on it but only had it about %50 complete when stupidly re installed windows and didnt back it upShocked GUTTED! so work began on showmix started with adding the addons section and went from there lots of complications with showmix with textures so i moved onto creating aeon lite i wanted to downgrade my htpc because i needed to free up some money so i thought i would create a light aeon skin for ion systems . and thats where im at hopefully get a very early alpha release out in the next week or so very pressed for coding time the alpha release will have some things not fully coded and expect a tone of bugs remembering that it will be a alpha release so its not going to be as flashy as other aeon skins (for the time being) having some trouble with atv2 and aeon lite i hate the experience also some textures are not even showing up just on atv.

so atv lovers i will suggest using nox for now until beta releases there is going to be a ton of bugfixes keep a eye out for it.
ZombieRobot Wrote:hey Andrewf wow meagainsttheworld you have been doing your research first off id like to say dont follow the video tutorials on iMeAgainstTheWorldi they are old very old videos pre dharma videos you can use them as a guide but installing skins is different now. because of xbmc dharma release.

Thanks will bare that in mind. I'm finding xbmc both great and very frustrating eg I've now got Aeon MQ2 up and running but from each category eg Movies whenever I press enter I always get a list, no showcase or wall etc. Sure I've set up the right options but can I get it to work AngrySad.

Still will keep plugging away as the set up is great. if you can offer up the best place for guides any suggestions will always be welcome and appreciated.

PS keep up the good work and best of luck with Lite.
SophT Wrote:Are you using DDS fanart?

Thank you so much for this! It changed my XBMC experience.
olafvs Wrote:Thank you so much for this! It changed my XBMC experience.

brilliant isn't it! I still find coverflow a bit sticky for my tastes, so turn it off. but this fix really helps a lot.
I'm now using the latest AEON Showmix 2.7, by ZombieRobot, on my Acer Revo, with OpenELEC, it is working just fine, no lagging, it is fast as any other skin. Great work.
My HTPC does not run well with any of which there are AEON, Aeon NOX a little better but this is not compatible with my language
Aeon Lite is my salvation, thanks for this friend. Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon on an ION?0