• 5(current)
MKV Optimizer - Save disk space by eliminating unneeded audio tracks
Okay... made a bunch of little changes to beta 1.17 and this time I think I got your problem solved. Please let me know. Thanks.
It would be epic if this was cross platform so I could run it on Linux and Mac!
That would be nice, but I have no idea how to port Visual Basic .Net to Linux/Mac.
I'm happy to report that it is now working well on files in the root folder. Thank you for diligently fixing it so quickly! Smile
compcentral Wrote:That would be nice, but I have no idea how to port Visual Basic .Net to Linux/Mac.

you'd have to re-write it I think, unless you used Mono, but then I think there'd be licensing issues.
kideternal Wrote:I'm happy to report that it is now working well on files in the root folder. Thank you for diligently fixing it so quickly! Smile

Excellent and you're welcome. I'm just glad that other people can benefit from this project.

I guess I can finally consider this more-or-less finished for the time being unless I get some new suggestions and feedback. I was thinking about automating the mkvmerge process somehow, but I hit a brick wall on that one.

I will now be devoting my spare time to my other (much bigger) project -- Audio-Matic (the future home for the project is http://www.audio-matic.com by the way). This is an automated music management app similar to SickBeard or CouchPotato, but for music albums.
compcentral Wrote:...
I will now be devoting my spare time to my other (much bigger) project -- Audio-Matic (the future home for the project is http://www.audio-matic.com by the way). This is an automated music management app similar to SickBeard or CouchPotato, but for music albums.

Nice, sounds promising. Smile

Cheers
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
compcentral Wrote:I will now be devoting my spare time to my other (much bigger) project -- Audio-Matic (the future home for the project is http://www.audio-matic.com by the way). This is an automated music management app similar to SickBeard or CouchPotato, but for music albums.

Ahh! dont do that! I'm writing one as well! Mine's in Python using CherryPy. It currently scrapes the Discogs API and can get nzb's from NzbMatrix. It doesnt have a very elegant UI at the moment, so I'm working on that.
Using the dropbox link on the front page does not allow me to download it (We don't have any revision history for this file.). What is the link to the "Final" version?

Thanks!
cosmicr Wrote:Ahh! dont do that! I'm writing one as well! Mine's in Python using CherryPy. It currently scrapes the Discogs API and can get nzb's from NzbMatrix. It doesnt have a very elegant UI at the moment, so I'm working on that.

Yep, similar to what I do:

I scrape discogs, amazon, and cdnow to create artist/album/track info and store in mySQL database... then get nzb's from nzbMatrix which are send to sabNZB using API. Torrents can also be downloaded from thepiratebay (these are opened automatically using balckhole). A renamer then monitors the finished downloads and moves the files into the proper location, updates ID3 tag info if needed, and downloads coverart.

There is also the ability to browse billboard charts and recent releases (previewing the album before downloading) as well as the ability to download shazam tagged tracks. Additional features include removing duplicate tracks and suggesting new artists based on what you already have in your library.

The project needs some finishing touches before I release it, but it's coming along nicely. If you need some help or want to combine efforts though, just let me know.
Warstomper Wrote:Using the dropbox link on the front page does not allow me to download it (We don't have any revision history for this file.). What is the link to the "Final" version?

Thanks!

Sorry about that... I changed the name of the .exe and that broke the link. I've updated it so now it works properly.
compcentral Wrote:The project needs some finishing touches before I release it, but it's coming along nicely. If you need some help or want to combine efforts though, just let me know.

sounds like you're way ahead of where I'm at; I think I'll ditch mine and spend more time on my other xbmc projects on the go... sounds good though can't wait to see it!
Great Tool!
is there a way to export the list to excel oder some other format? I want to generate a list, wher I can see whether a movie has one or two audio streams, subtitle streams....

if its not possible, maybe somebody has an idea how to get such a list

m0bbed
m0bbed Wrote:Great Tool!
is there a way to export the list to excel oder some other format? I want to generate a list, wher I can see whether a movie has one or two audio streams, subtitle streams....

if its not possible, maybe somebody has an idea how to get such a list

m0bbed

This is not currently available, but it's easy enough to add. I will do my best to add that feature when I get a chance.
ok.. added a simple .csv export to beta 1.18 for you.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Optimizer - Save disk space by eliminating unneeded audio tracks4