• 9(current)
MKV Optimizer - Save disk space by eliminating unneeded audio tracks
This looks exactly what I am looking for, but with a different end goal. I want to scan all my MKV's and find out which ones DO have additional audio languages, so I can keep them on a separate drive for friends and family who only speak Portuguese.

I am going to try this later today, but I take it this can give me an output of what is in each MKV container? I have been very careful about always naming audio files (i.e. Por_AC3_Audio, or Eng_DTS_Audio) so I hope that will make the task easier!

EDIT: Just tried it - perfect! Many thanks!
wow this is awesome! saving me a lot of space.

just a noob question but what does "und" mean under Default Audio Language?

Also would it not be easier to have it rename the old file and move it to another folder so when there is a lot of queued up files we don't have to go into each folder and rename the new file and delete the old one.
"und" probably means "undefined"
(2012-06-01, 14:04)pko66 Wrote: "und" probably means "undefined"

You are correct. Glad to see that people still find this useful. I haven't made any coding changes to it at all since the last release on here. I still use it myself though and it does what I need it to do.

(2012-06-01, 16:57)compcentral Wrote:

You are correct. Glad to see that people still find this useful. I haven't made any coding changes to it at all since the last release on here. I still use it myself though and it does what I need it to do.

yea figured it out but what does "?" mean?

When I open the file in MKV Info it is says the audio is either "eng" or for some it says "und" but says "?" in MKV Optimizer. Not for all the mkv files but some of them and the ones I edit
This program just blew my mind!

It's exactly what I've been after.

Thank you so much!!!
Wow, how am I just now finding this? Great idea, thanks!
Yeah, I like this, too. It eliminates those times when the kids are on their own and play a file that defaults to audio in another language. Great tool.
Very nice, thank you for writing this! This will eliminate the "Why isn't this in English?" complaint. No matter how many times I explain the audio options menu, no one listens. Big Grin
(2012-06-01, 20:32)krish_2k4 Wrote: When I open the file in MKV Info it is says the audio is either "eng" or for some it says "und" but says "?" in MKV Optimizer. Not for all the mkv files but some of them and the ones I edit

Mkvinfo (and newer Mediainfo) defaults to English if nothing else is set, so you can't trust them for checking language.

It seems like the ? comes when there isn't any Language element for the track, und(efined) when the element is there but not set to anything.

really helpful stuff
Both Chrome and Firefox consider the download page for the tool malicious and refuse to open it.
Hello.
Thanks for the prog.
Could you update the download link, seems to be down...
yeah any chance for a mac version? would love something like this. I'm a bit confused though.
Does your app list mkv files that have multiple tracks? or does it identify each of the audio tracks so you can delete the appropraite one with the additional mkv editing tool? i've never ever created mkv's or edited them or used mkvtools or mkvmerge so just seeing if this is what i think it is and worth bootcamping a partition to run this on.
Does anyone have a copy of the program? It looks like the ops webspace needs renewing.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV Optimizer - Save disk space by eliminating unneeded audio tracks4