Videos file disappeared after changing DVD Drive Letters
So I was reading up on how to get XBMC to properly recognize my new BR reader that I received yesterday, and after a touch of digging through what mostly came up as linux forums as well as these, the best I can understand is that XBMC will not allow you to set your primary dvd drive and that it simply picks the first letter dvd drive set on your computer.

Know this, I opted to change the drive letters of my 2 DVD drives to work, however after changing them, the Videos section of my XBMC build is completely empty, no "add source" or any other settings, just completely gone.

Any ideas of the cause of this? Or how to effectively change DVD Drives so that newer drives can be the primary (as only the primary works...)

EDIT:

Further inspection shows that it is ONLY the Master Profile that suffers from this, the other profile I created (for restrictive watching) actually has all of the files correctly. It must be a setting to a file i don't know about Sad
Also, how do i report bugs? Turns out if you log into a profile that is not the master profile, enable master mode by unlocking the profile, then swap to the master profile BEFORE re-locking the profile, the "start" menu (menu to turn off computer, close XBMC, file manager, etc.) will not open.
Shadowrunner Wrote:Also, how do i report bugs?

http://trac.xbmc.org/

JR
Figured out the problem with my missing video files, while I was trying to fiddle with the DVD drives, and before i renamed them, it somehow swapped the primary source file as one of the old letters. As the primary source file was no longer valid, none of the source script would load and the folder would be empty. Easy fix though. Thanks! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos file disappeared after changing DVD Drive Letters0