[REQUEST] Deluged BitTorrent Client Controller Addon?
Lightbulb 
I see there is a transmission and utorrent addon however not a deluged. Just wondering if someone was interested in making a plugin.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I would like this too and I would be willing to help.
The deluge webgui seem to be written in python so there could be an easy way forward assuming all needed python stuff can be made available in xbmc python. That could be a bit optimistic though.
It would be interested to hear how this compare to the tranmission plugin.
Ok, It looks like the webui is written in some architecture that I don't grasp just by quickly reviewing some code.
The deluge-console is the easy way in. I might give that a try.

An alternative would be to use the web intefrace as an api and script it that way but I am not very interested in any workaround this time. Unless it is possibly to get enough support in xbmc python I will probably wait for Eden.

First question is perhaps if there is any good reason for doing this at all? I think many people prefere deluge over transmission, but what about rtorrent?
well I use deluge.. lol imo its the best torrent client for linux with a gui.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Quote:well I use deluge.. lol imo its the best torrent client for linux with a gui.
yeah, I gave it a quick trial but it will be too much work to get it to work in xbmc python compared to waiting for xbmc to switch to external python.
I copied 4-5 modules into local lib and managed to import them but when I came to some SSL stuff I saw that it used binary bindings. I also had to fix a syntax error in client.py. I assume SSL can be ripped out but it is so much work compared to just use the modules as is. Especially since add-ons already exists for rtorrent and transmission. I will give it a pass for now.
Someone knowing his way around XBMC integration might give this a try for rtorrent integration:
http://code.google.com/p/pyroscope/wiki/...r_projects

It's pure Python, requires only 2.5 and no extra runtime libraries.

A display of unfinished, active and recently completed torrents would be awesome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Deluged BitTorrent Client Controller Addon?0