YAMJ to XBMC (sorry for the nOObness)
Having spent a long time using Ember Media Manager with its YAMJ module installed so that it saves nfo and artwork in YAMJ format and naming conventions, I am wondering if there is a simple way to set up XBMC using these?

So a couple of things I noticed when adding sources to XBMC (absolutely to do with my nOObishness no doubt):
  1. is that when I add Movies, it adds the folder structure as per below. How do I stop that without doing multiple instances to the Video Source?
  2. When scrapping, it didn't pick up my nfo or artwork and just puts an image from the film as it's "poster" and doesn't have any fanart until I click Movie Info and refresh then get fanart and thumb (very laborious with a large collection. How do I get XBMC to either download proper posters and fanart automatically or using what I already have rather than me manually doing it as above?
  3. TV Shows, when I added this and scanned for new content, XBMC only downloaded the whole show banner but when click on it, it shows sub folders without images for the individual seasons and then no plot info for the episodes. Again, like in 2, if I do this manually it works, how can I do this automatically?
  4. Lastly, those ones I have manually done, where is it storing the nfos and artwork? I honestly can't see where it's putting them unless it's a hidden folder (new laptop, haven't bothered to change it to unhide yet Nerd)
My file structure is:
Media
-->Films
---->Action
------>300.avi
------>300.fanart.jpg
------>300.jpg (poster)
------>300.nfo
---->Comedy
------>Adaptation.avi
------>Adaptation.fanart.jpg
------>Adaptation.jpg (poster)
------>Adaptation.nfo
-->TV Shows
---->Breaking Bad
---->Breaking Bad.fanart.jpg
---->Breaking Bad.jpg (TV show poster)
---->Breaking Bad.nfo
---->SET_Breaking Bad_1.banner.jpg (TV show banner)
------>Breaking Bad Season 1
-------->Breaking Bad S01E01 Pilot.fanart.jpg
-------->Breaking Bad S01E01 Pilot.jpg (Season poster)
-------->Breaking Bad S01E01 Pilot.avi
-------->Breaking Bad S01E01 Pilot.nfo
-------->Breaking Bad S01E01 Pilot.videoimage.jpg
-------->Breaking Bad Season 1.banner.jpg
-------->Breaking Bad Season 1.jpg (Season poster, not sure why Ember creates this twice)
-------->Set_Breaking Bad_1.fanart.jpg (TV show fanart, not sure why Ember creates this twice)
-------->Set_Breaking Bad_1.jpg (TV show poster, not sure why Ember creates this twice)

I'd really like to avoid changing the structure, if possible, as I will continue to use YAMJ and I like the current structure for neatness sakes, especially the movies as I like to file these by the main genre.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help. Blush

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YAMJ to XBMC (sorry for the nOObness)0