[MAC] Remote Control options for XBMC on Mac?
Question 
I recently migrated from an Apple TV to a 2010 Mac Mini for my XBMC needs and must say that I love it. I am currently using the standard aluminum apple remote and I know that I can use a harmony remote if I wish but I was curious what my other options are.

I noticed there is an option to use a "Universal Remote" however I'm not really sure what that does.
The logitech harmony one is THE best
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Logitech harmonys Plex PLayer device is currently tits up.

I purchased an 1100 and even though it sucessfully adds the device it has nothing in the database of commands for plex player. Three others on various forums who have very recently purchased harmonys have the same issue. Its a very recent development.
Any options outside of the harmony family?
iPhone/ iPod touch /iPad with either Web interface or a native client
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
Oh yeah, hadn't thought of that. I have an iPhone and everything. Anything else, or am I just being greedy now?
Any using a webbrowser

- Keyboard
- bluetooth remote/phone
- game console controller
- ir remote
- rf remote
How do you setup the harmony for xbmc? Just via the logitech software on my computer?

Does it work automaticly on xbmc or do I have to change some settings?
You don't at the minute because its knackered, but technically go into harmony software. Add device, then >Computer>Media PC>plex

Then type in plex player.

It should add all the commands, but right now its not.
garyi Wrote:You don't at the minute because its knackered, but technically go into harmony software. Add device, then >Computer>Media PC>plex

Then type in plex player.

It should add all the commands, but right now its not.

Yes ... I just realized today that the Plex Player device option via Logitech/Harmony is hooped. According to the Logitech forums, they removed the codes from their database due to "inconsistencies". Rumour also has it that, if emailed, support will manually add a Plex Player to your device list. So, I did that a few moments ago and am hoping for the best.

My Harmony One is still programmed with a Plex Player device that was setup in early 2010, but adding a Plex Player to any new config is not possible rigth now. If Logitech does not step up, I may just hafta do alot of IR code learning from the Harmony One to the Harmony 900.
--> Mac Mini 2010, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, OSX Lion, XBMC Frodo 12.3
--> Pivos XIOS DS M3 w/Linux XBMC Frodo 12.2
--> Central MySQL database on a LenovoEMC px12-450r via Debian Wheezy VM
Do what I did.

I still have my harmony 1000 with a fully functioning plex on it, I simply used the 1000 to teach the 1100 the plex commands. Its worked perfectly!
with the new install of dharma my logitech 550 remote is not acting as before. any thoughts?
how can I add a button for Update library and for Subtitles? It has something to do with keymapping (in the past I used plex, here I could add some button with F1-F9).

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Remote Control options for XBMC on Mac?0