• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
Thanks in advance for showcase for programs.
Yes Rolleyes it is just launcher addon + PC games + X360 covers
For non rated yet logo, I know Cirrus has one but its media folder is packed in .xbt... I will ask on the forum if the author agrees to share it.
Closest thing I foung here below but the resolution is not so good it needs editing

Added the option to hide the rating and studio flags and I think I like it better than with all the flags enabled:
I packed all textures in textures.xbt which I think improves performance, download link in first post.
Nice. I like the 4 flags better as well.
I prefer the other h264 flag like here below. It is more in the aeon style. I Did the change for myself.

Maybe changing the aspect ratio to the movie rating with the five little stars (like in music/albums) would be even better, more consistent when scrolling through the library. What do you think ?

For missing mpaa ratings in Full screen info. I have added this in DialogVideoInfo.xml. That's a placeholder it is showing General when nothing is scrapped. Better than a blank space.

<control type="image">
<width>166</width>
<height>38</height>
<texture>flags/rating/mpaa_g.png</texture>
<visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.mpaa)</visible>
<colordiffuse>FF868686</colordiffuse>
</control>

Programs showcase seems to be OK now, there are several showcase views some of them with correct aspect ratio.

That is very small cosmetics, but in weather. The today's temp °c seems to be little misplaced.

I have a lot of respect for all people that have worked or are still working on all the different versions of Aeon. But I have to say your version is the one that I like the most Nod
Hi, i just wanted to that it's a Very Nice Work!
i had Aeon MQ2, i loved it but it's laggy and i hate that, so i tried other aeon skins, but none had the same views except Aeon Nox, so thx it's a wonderful job Wink

maybe if you have time you can add the showcase dvd view to tv shows cuz i really love it and if possible add some other fonts ^^

thx again Wink
This is a pretty sweet skin but it has a few features that keep me from using it.

1. Support for banner.jpg, landscape.jpg like Night or Alaska Revisited. With this feature it is possible to use all view types without getting streatched/cropped images
  2. Adding custom menus to the home page (not just sub menus)
  3. Support for Advanced Launcher, to see plot/genre info about games

Otherwise its looking great.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
RazorFR Wrote:Nice. I like the 4 flags better as well.
I prefer the other h264 flag like here below. It is more in the aeon style. I Did the change for myself.
Maybe changing the aspect ratio to the movie rating with the five little stars (like in music/albums) would be even better, more consistent when scrolling through the library. What do you think ?

For missing mpaa ratings in Full screen info. I have added this in DialogVideoInfo.xml. That's a placeholder it is showing General when nothing is scrapped. Better than a blank space.

<control type="image">
<width>166</width>
<height>38</height>
<texture>flags/rating/mpaa_g.png</texture>
<visible>IsEmpty(ListItem.mpaa)</visible>
<colordiffuse>FF868686</colordiffuse>
</control>

Programs showcase seems to be OK now, there are several showcase views some of them with correct aspect ratio.

That is very small cosmetics, but in weather. The today's temp °c seems to be little misplaced.

I have a lot of respect for all people that have worked or are still working on all the different versions of Aeon. But I have to say your version is the one that I like the most Nod

I like the other flag better. I also like that all the flags are technical aspects of the movie. But if you want to change it to rating flag, here is the code for that:
Code:
<control type="image">
      <posx>980</posx>
      <posy>658</posy>
      <width>90</width>
      <height>60</height>
      <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
      <colordiffuse>FFDDDDDD</colordiffuse>
      <texture>$INFO[ListItem.VideoAspect,flags/aspectratio/,.png]</texture>
      <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(nostudioratingflags)</visible>
    </control>
      <control type="image">
        <posx>180</posx>
        <posy>658</posy>
        <width>90</width>
        <height>60</height>
        <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
        <colordiffuse>FFDDDDDD</colordiffuse>
        <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Starrating,flags/music/rating/,]</texture>
        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(nostudioratingflags)+!SubString(ListItem.Label,..)+!Container.Content(tvshows)+!Container.Content(seasons)</visible>
      </control>
I fixed the weather, thanks for pointing that out. I also have great respect for the people working on Aeon. They did the great job of designing everything, I just ported it to Confluence.

Susanno Wrote:maybe if you have time you can add the showcase dvd view to tv shows cuz i really love it and if possible add some other fonts ^^

The showcase DVD view is already available in TV shows. I don't want to change the fonts, I really like the Ubuntu fonts. You could change them yourself by replacing them in the fonts sub folder.

htpc guy Wrote:
  1. Support for banner.jpg, landscape.jpg like Night or Alaska Revisited. With this feature it is possible to use all view types without getting streatched/cropped images
  2. Adding custom menus to the home page (not just sub menus)
  3. Support for Advanced Launcher, to see plot/genre info about games
I don't know the banner.jpg/landscape.jpg features and don't know the Advanced Launcher, but I will try to find out and see what I can do.
Adding custom items to the main menu will bring a lot of extra code, I don't want to add anything that will slow down scrolling through the home menu. I saw that in the svn Confluence has options to add addons to the submenu of videos/music and I am trying to port that to this skin.

I did a textures.xbt with dupecheck on and replaced a texture that was causing graphical corruption in the Fullscreen Info screen progress bar when packed with texturepacker. Download here:
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/files/textures.xbt
Big_Noid Wrote:The showcase DVD view is already available in TV shows. I don't want to change the fonts, I really like the Ubuntu fonts. You could change them yourself by replacing them in the fonts sub folder.

hmm i have the beta version and i don't see the showcase dvd view in tv shows, it's only available when choosing the season but not the tv show itself!

it's ok for the fonts, i'll see what i can do Wink

thx ^^
Susanno Wrote:hmm i have the beta version and i don't see the showcase dvd view in tv shows, it's only available when choosing the season but not the tv show itself!

I have checked and it is there in the beta, unless you are talking about episodes view because there is no showcase view for episodes (because the aspect ratio of epsiodes thumbs is not suitable for showcase view)
i have these views only :

Susanno Wrote:i have these views only :
I see now, Showcase view is disabled if "Use Posters instead of Banners" is unchecked in the skinsetting.
oh ok thank you very much, it's perfect now Wink
hm just found a bug Wink
if you select showcase view you get a nice smooth animation when you go right but none if you go left.

no Shutdown in "X" shutdown menu just the timer Sad

now with "programs" on mainbar renamed to games and mapped to the favourites of the advanced launcher, im using the skin and im really happy about the navigation speed on an ion!! great work 8)
This is sweet Aeon Skin, Fast and simply beautiful. Perfect for my Music server. It would be really awesome(for me). If you can add the support for album level fanart( fanart .jpg) for visualization.

Anyway, this is great thanks for the skin.
if anyone wants the Program button to be Games and direktly being linked to the advanced launcher, i've uploaded the modified home.xml from the "skin.aeon.nox/720p" folder

http://rapidshare.com/files/441780503/Home.xml

i hope you dont mind Big Noid Wink
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)29