• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
Aeon Nox stands for eye candy and customization. There are many different views and options to present your media in the way you want it. The Home window is fully customizable. You can add up to nine custom main menu items, each with five custom sub-menu items. You can change the look with different styles and themes, add or remove widgets and disable menu and sub-menu items you don't use.

Current version: 2.0.0
Compatible with XBMC 11.0 (Beta and up)

Know bugs in current version (all fixed on git)
- Second label in Songs list view shows album instead of artist (not good for compilation albums).
- Settings separator causes scrollbar to show when there is only one page.
- Floor vignettes are visible on Shift view.
- Music visualization fanart is stretched instead of scaled like in the rest of the skin.
- Changelog text overlaps panel.
- White scrollbar on Lite_Floor themed floor.
- Changing "Featured" menu item background would change TV Guide background.
- Weather information on the home timepanel only shows the temperature symbol if weather menu item is disabled.

Features:
- Custom Main Menu items + Submenu items (Smart Playlists/Favourites).
- TV Next Aired integrated in Library view.
- TV Tunes support.
- Banner.jpg / Landscape.jpg / Poster.jpg support.
- Default focus of Main Menu adjustable in skin settings.
- Recently added/Random items/ Watchlist support.
- "Featured" window with output of random items, recently added and watchlist script all in one window.
- Cinema Experience support. Either through VideoInfo or through submenu.
- Random movie script support.
- Artwork downloader script integrated in skin in VideoInfo.
- Weather + Support
- Advanced Launcher support.
- Pseudo TV support.
- "New" flag for items that have been recently added.
- Live home window customization: see what you change on the fly.
- 16 different viewtypes.
- Music and Video genre icons and fanart support.
- Extrafanart/extrathumbs support.
- TV Show logo/Movie logo/clearart support.
- cdART/clearLOGO support.

Install skin through XBMC addon repository:
Addons--> Get Addons --> XBMC.org addons--> Skin--> Aeon Nox

Source:
Code:
git://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git

Build themes and textures yourself with this texturepacker (windows only):
http://aeon--nox.googlecode.com/files/Ae...Packer.zip

Bug reports:
Make a thread here in the forum or submit issue here:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/issues

Thanks
- To Team XBMC for making XBMC (http://xbmc.org/contribute/donate/)
- To djh_ for designing Aeon.
- To phil65 for his work on Aeon65, I used some code and a lot of inspiration from his mod.
- To Jezz_X for making Confluence, it was the basis for this skin.
- To all translators.
- To all other skinners for makings skins from which I used code or inspiration.
- To all people who commented in this thread and submitted bug reports.
- To my wife and daughter who put up with me for putting in the hours in creating and maintaining this skin.
Seems to work well thank you for sharing. I would love to see a banner view available for TV shows and a way to disable studio flags in the list view but all in all It runs very smooth.Smile

Question:
Is there a way to lock the home menu selector? I like mine on the bottom but I keep pressing up and moving it.
--Dascmo

\\ OpenElec \ Frodo \ ASROCK 330HT \\ AEON NOX 4.0 \\

Free Online Storage: Copy

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
dascmo Wrote:Seems to work well thank you for sharing. I would love to see a banner view available for TV shows and a way to disable studio flags in the list view but all in all It runs very smooth.Smile

Question:
Is there a way to lock the home menu selector? I like mine on the bottom but I keep pressing up and moving it.

You can change it by editing home.xml and IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml
do a search and replace of
Code:
Skin.HasSetting(lowermainmenu)

with
Code:
true
that way it will always be lower menu.

I don't use banners for tv shows. I can make option to disable list flags though.
Thanks that worked perfect.Smile I love that I get the aeon home screen but without all the bloat in the other aeon versions.

Great work.

--Dascmo
--Dascmo

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
The skin is light on resources, without losing the identity of Aeon.Btw, Banner view for TV shows will make the skin more versatile. Please include banner view
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Really nice skin.
I am also going to use a lower home menu view.
+1 banner view.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Kindly tell me whether banner view will be supported in future or not. Some TV shows in tvdb database lack posters, so I do have to use banners.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
My new favorite skin! Thank you!
bandelguy Wrote:Kindly tell me whether banner view will be supported in future or not. Some TV shows in tvdb database lack posters, so I do have to use banners.

I am working on a banner view. Still work in progress, so maybe it will change, but expect something like this:
The banner view looks cool, however, there's lot of empty space on the right hand sight, which i think u will address to. Will the banner view be there with all infos like studio and desciption, etc., on pressing " i "?
bandelguy Wrote:The banner view looks cool, however, there's lot of empty space on the right hand sight, which i think u will address to. Will the banner view be there with all infos like studio and desciption, etc., on pressing " i "?

Yeah it's work in progress, I the changed screen above. Info screen will be the same as poster view only with a banner instead of poster.

EDIT:
Final result.
Smile 
Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah it's work in progress, I the changed screen above. Info screen will be the same as poster view only with a banner instead of poster.

EDIT:
Final result.

This is great news! Big Grin
--Dascmo

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
dascmo Wrote:This is great news! Big Grin

Updated first post with patch for banner view.
Why can't I see my mouse pointer?
I just registered to let you know I'm loving this skin. It's so smooth and lightweight and still has that Aeon look. Keep up the good work!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)29