• 306(current)
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)
Yes, that bug is fixed in master. Will try to track down why it's so lagged now.

Edit:
04:54:18 T:140318688806720 DEBUG: Load Skin XML: 1520.42ms
That would be my lag.
The whole log:
http://pastebin.com/KwETTgcD
I do not have any of the watchlist widgets enabled, i assume you meant any of the widgets that toggles watched state. It hangs with defaults, which is all widgets off, but on this test i have enabled a few recently added stuff.
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
butchabay Wrote:You're funny ...

Nevermind I have done it myself.. 10 submenus per item..

viper Menu 1.0

Took a little doing but figured it out

just had to edit 3 xml files.. home.xml, mainmenucustomizer.xml, includesmainmenu.xml.
newphreak Wrote:Yes, that bug is fixed in master. Will try to track down why it's so lagged now.

Edit:
04:54:18 T:140318688806720 DEBUG: Load Skin XML: 1520.42ms
That would be my lag.
The whole log:
http://pastebin.com/KwETTgcD
I do not have any of the watchlist widgets enabled, i assume you meant any of the widgets that toggles watched state. It hangs with defaults, which is all widgets off, but on this test i have enabled a few recently added stuff.
The watchlist script is still running:
script.watchlist: script version 0.1.7 started.
and then it hangs for 4/5 sec.
Could you disable the "Featured" menu item and do a restart. If the lag is gone it's caused by the watchlist script.
dscraw4d Wrote:Nevermind I have done it myself.. 10 submenus per item..

viper Menu 1.0

Took a little doing but figured it out

just had to edit 3 xml files.. home.xml, mainmenucustomizer.xml, includesmainmenu.xml.
Then you understand why Butchabay said you're funny, not because you don't have the skills, but because it is way to much too edit to explain in a single post Wink
OMG... how can a great thing get even better... Thank you Big_Noid for Aeon Nox v.2.0 (+ dev's of Big_Noid's inspiration skins/contributors/suggesters/testers)! It's a great looking and very functional skin all around. But the customizable home screen and (already existing) kiosk mode are “the best thing since sliced bread”... especially with kids around... :-) Happy New Year and keep up the great work!
Alika Wrote:OMG... how can a great thing get even better... Thank you Big_Noid for Aeon Nox v.2.0 (+ dev's of Big_Noid's inspiration skins/contributors/suggesters/testers)! It's a great looking and very functional skin all around. But the customizable home screen and (already existing) kiosk mode are “the best thing since sliced bread”... especially with kids around... :-) Happy New Year and keep up the great work!

Agreed. The new home menu is really flexible. I have a separate profile for my daughter. Here I have the Movie button launching right into a smart playlist for the Children genre. Same thing for TV shows. Throw Kiosk mode in and I have a child safe xbmc.Nod
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
@Big Noid, here are some screenshots of my graphic modification...

By msdhd at 2011-12-31

By msdhd at 2011-12-31

By msdhd at 2011-12-31

By msdhd at 2011-12-31

By msdhd at 2011-12-31
here could be on the left side information about the song, artist, album, bitrate, codec...

By msdhd at 2011-12-31

It would be great if for movies you will be able to make a view such as for ibooks on ipad/iphone... to get aeon be more like 2012 (more 3D) here is an example

http://www.winload.de/news/software-scre...ibooks.png
and here is a proposal for artsit, album, song view...

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/97/aeonskizze.jpg/]Image[/url]

it would be great if you can make this...
@dsim: nice, if I can make a suggestion though. I think if you use a distinctive line on top of the black gradient and use different masks that cut the reflection off at that line the 3d at the bottom would work better.

About the album info, I always really liked the right side I currently have for album/artist/song/picture info, but the left side with the thumb always bothered me.
I never had any good ideas that deal with that and still fit in with the rest of the skin. The basic layout you propose seems more natural for that kinda info.
I will have a look if I can make it fit with the rest of the skin.
Big_Noid Wrote:The watchlist script is still running:
script.watchlist: script version 0.1.7 started.
and then it hangs for 4/5 sec.
Could you disable the "Featured" menu item and do a restart. If the lag is gone it's caused by the watchlist script.
Well, that's another thing, i did disable featured and tv schedule and all those things. So why is it still starting then? Huh
Samsung ES7005 55" led tv - Denon AVR-3313 - NAD C275BEE - B&W DM683 - B&W HTM61 - B&W 686
Intel NUC D34010WYK - 128GB Crucial ssd, Built in IR Receiver
And a Logitech Harmony Touch to control it all. https://libreelec.tv
Retired: Asus EB1501P ION2 - OCZ Vertex 2 64gb ssd - Built in IR Receiver
newphreak Wrote:Well, that's another thing, i did disable featured and tv schedule and all those things. So why is it still starting then? Huh
Just tested and with "Featured" menu item disabled and no "in progress movies poster","season poster of currently watching tv shows", "in progress movies" and " unwatched episodes of currently watching tv shows" widgets enabled it does not run the watchlist script. it's coded that way too so I didn't expect it too run.
One of above items must be enabled as I can see in the debug that the script is loaded in startup.xml.

To be sure check the values in your guisettings.xml, they must match this:
Code:
<setting type="bool" name="skin.aeon.nox.HomeWatchList">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.aeon.nox.HomeInProgress">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.aeon.nox.HomeInProgressPoster">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.aeon.nox.HomeInProgressTVPoster">false</setting>
<setting type="bool" name="skin.aeon.nox.HomeMenuNoFeaturedButton">true</setting>
Big_Noid Wrote:@dsim: nice, if I can make a suggestion though. I think if you use a distinctive line on top of the black gradient and use different masks that cut the reflection off at that line the 3d at the bottom would work better.

About the album info, I always really liked the right side I currently have for album/artist/song/picture info, but the left side with the thumb always bothered me.
I never had any good ideas that deal with that and still fit in with the rest of the skin. The basic layout you propose seems more natural for that kinda info.
I will have a look if I can make it fit with the rest of the skin.

thank you for suggestion. I have not much knowledge with 720p folder. so i wanted to cut the reflection, but i didn't know how. I just maked graphics and replaced with the existing. so the reflection should not be visible at the bottom as you said.

now i don't know how to add the graphics to the version 2.0. i can send you the graphics if you want to implement this to white view.
Can i use the 2.0 new version with dharma? i currently have ver 1.7, if it's possible how do i upgrade to the newest version? i remember aeon automatically was upgrading but this time anything happens still on 1.7, thanks for the help!
DigiTech Wrote:Can i use the 2.0 new version with dharma? i currently have ver 1.7, if it's possible how do i upgrade to the newest version? i remember aeon automatically was upgrading but this time anything happens still on 1.7, thanks for the help!

No. Only Eden.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
UPDATED To Version 1.1 (4 custom playlist w/ 10 submenus each) also cleaned up my code a bit..

Here is my modded files for nox..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8340656/vipermod.zip

Unzip it in your C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.svn\720p\

replacing existing files in the directory to patch it.

OR

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8340656/skin.viper.nox.rar

Download this one:

And Extract it to your C:\Users\SuperViper\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\
directory and then in XBMC select the Viper 1.0 Skin.

As I learn more about making skins more will be changed and improved to suit my tastes and I will be happy to share them with the community.
Hey Big Noid, Can I get a zip of your uncompressed textures so I can modify them to suit my tastes? Love your skin BTW
  • 306(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated)29