• 7(current)
Fusion Genesis (v.0.8.8) Planned Changes
I hope there is some light on 0.8.8 as use this as my main skin and love it. Smile
Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and give an update. I plan on releasing v0.8.8 very soon but I ran into an issue where I was changing recently added songs to albums, and in doing so the script shows the albums but they play nothing. If anyone could shed some light I would be greatful.

Beyond that cinema experience support wont make it in yet, but there are plenty of other good things in this release. The biggest update is for the advanced launcher program.

Once the album issue is fixed it looks about ready to release to me. Nod
These are great news ... someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought playing an album directly never worked, hope you'll find a solution. Looking forward to try out your great skin!
Arcanthur Wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and give an update. I plan on releasing v0.8.8 very soon but I ran into an issue where I was changing recently added songs to albums, and in doing so the script shows the albums but they play nothing. If anyone could shed some light I would be greatful.

Beyond that cinema experience support wont make it in yet, but there are plenty of other good things in this release. The biggest update is for the advanced launcher program.

I'm so glad you haven't abandoned this amazing skin. The only reason i'm not using it now is the lack of xbmc subtitles support.. It will be my main skin once that issue is sorted out.
Arcanthur Wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to stop by and give an update. I plan on releasing v0.8.8 very soon but I ran into an issue where I was changing recently added songs to albums, and in doing so the script shows the albums but they play nothing. If anyone could shed some light I would be greatful.

Launch -

PHP Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.recentlyadded,limit=6&amp;albums=True&amp;unplayed=True)</onfocus

Play -

PHP Code:
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<
onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestSong.1.Path)]</onclick
Hitcher Wrote:Launch -

PHP Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.recentlyadded,limit=6&amp;albums=True&amp;unplayed=True)</onfocus

Play -

PHP Code:
<onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
<
onclick>$INFO[Window.Property(LatestSong.1.Path)]</onclick

Works perfectly! Cheers Hitcher Smile

Just need some time to tidy some things up. Release should be around this weekend sometime.
That are great news. Big Grin
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
will 0.8.8 aimed at 10.1 or nightly builds?
Arcanthur Wrote:Works perfectly! Cheers Hitcher Smile

Just need some time to tidy some things up. Release should be around this weekend sometime.

tungmeister Wrote:will 0.8.8 aimed at 10.1 or nightly builds?

Aimed for 10.1 as I haven't had time to keep up with any recent changes.

...Although I would be willing to incorporate some new things (after the v0.8.8 release of course) if anyone would be kind enough to note any functionality changes and/or skin engine additions added recently Wink
Arcanthur Wrote:Aimed for 10.1 as I haven't had time to keep up with any recent changes.

...Although I would be willing to incorporate some new things (after the v0.8.8 release of course) if anyone would be kind enough to note any functionality changes and/or skin engine additions added recently Wink

And i think it should stay that way. A lot of us users don't play around with nightly's and there's nothing more frustrating than seeing your skin of choice suddenly beeing unfunctional on the latest official XBMC release.
Arcanthur Wrote:Aimed for 10.1 as I haven't had time to keep up with any recent changes.

I don't think that there's been that many major changes for the skinning engine on the nightly builds, The most notable one i believe would be the fact that the videos view doesn't exist anymore and is now included as a node in the library so the videos link from the homescreen no longer works correctly. I'm sure someone else can give you a more detailed overview of the other changes that have been made.
Arcanthur Wrote:Works perfectly! Cheers Hitcher Smile

Super cool i look forward to this releaseSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Updated the first post with some new info about the upcoming release, and a screen below showing a new view.

After this release I will be re-evaluating everything (code, views, layouts, textures)...in order to hopefully streamline things so that future releases aren't so far apart, but it also goes w/o mentioning that anything could come up and delay a release.

I may also start using git, but thats further down the road.... anyway, enjoy for now. Release will be very soon. Wink
Arcanthur Wrote:Updated the first post with some new info about the upcoming release, and a screen below showing a new view.

After this release I will be re-evaluating everything (code, views, layouts, textures)...in order to hopefully streamline things so that future releases aren't so far apart, but it also goes w/o mentioning that anything could come up and delay a release.

I may also start using git, but thats further down the road.... anyway, enjoy for now. Release will be very soon. Wink

That's great news!
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fusion Genesis (v.0.8.8) Planned Changes0