[AppleTV] Help with Airport Express as wireless bridge for Apple TV?
Hello,

I am new here and browsed for help but couldn't locate a post about it.

I have just installed the Crystal HD and bought an airport express to connect to my network via Ethernet since the wifi card was taken out. I have an airport Extreme router and cannot figure out how to configure these two devices in order to get internet to my apple TV. My question is what settings do I need to do in order to get this working. Any help would be great!!!
You might have to give a better description of your boxen setup. I think what your asking is how to set up a wireless bridge right?

You can type your setup into your profile signature put it in as you please. Here is Davilla's threat.

My current setup is a wireless G bridge. A friend of mine has a Wireless N bridge in a 700sqft apt and it barely streams 720p.
kodi 16.1 Transparency! v9.1.2
Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04
Hardware: Corei7 /w R9 290 OC & 256gb SSD (OS) + 5TB SMB shares
Yes, A wireless bridge sounds like what I am needing to do. I used the airport utility to setup up the Express to extend the range of my Extreme. But when i plug the express into the Ethernet port on the ATV, it does nothing.
Ok i recommend using your Airport as your main router and using your other one as the Bridge. Here is a tut on how to set one up. It's a pain and back-up the router settings after. Find a tut that suits your router brand.

Set up a signature
So I should use the airport Express as the router and the Extreme as the bridge?
Signature, Nice.

Ya ok didn't know they were both apple products. Fundimentally all routers are the same. Did you read the Tut? Most likely those functions are in the mac routers. Read the tut i posted and google research it. The smarter box "airport extreme" should be the main router (connected to ISP). The airport express should be on the atv behind the TV. because they are both N you could probably stream 1080p.

I'm not overly aware of Apple stuff because i avoid it like the plague.
Boo Yakkaa!!!!!
Using the express woth WDS without extending the network will serve the purpose
I wonder if the express is the best choice for that considering other devices such buffalo that can offer a 4 port ethernet bridge at the same cost
I agree with Inceptor121. Dlink and Linksys provide a cheaper product with more features. I have a dlink and linksys. Both local software was replaced with dd-wrt. But if your ATV is the only Lan ethernet product behind your tv then your all good. You can get an N router for $50(Can).
kodi 16.1 Transparency! v9.1.2
Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04
Hardware: Corei7 /w R9 290 OC & 256gb SSD (OS) + 5TB SMB shares
Thank you guys for the help. I did some searching around and found that Apple's older version of the Express will not do the Wireless to Ethernet bridge. Only the newer (N) version express will do that.
Which version of the firmware are you running? You should be able to do this even with the older version. I have done it many times. Even says it outright here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1515. If you are running less than version 6.3 then update the firmware. Then you will need to set it to participate in a WDS network (This must be done on the express and extreme).

Before starting the setup you will want the following info ready:

Primary Base Station Airport ID (MAC Address)
Wireless Network Name (SSID)
Radio Channel
Security
Wireless Password (Network Key)
Remote Base Station Airport ID

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Help with Airport Express as wireless bridge for Apple TV?0