[AppleTV] Some Apple TV questions?
Just got a used Gen1 ATV today and the first thing I did was create a patchstick and install XBMC. The install went find, but I have a couple of questions. When I tried to play a couple of 720p mkv files, they were choppy and I had no audio. I understand that the mkv at 720p was probably a bit much without the CrystalHD card that I have coming next week. The problem is, when I lost audio, I lost it completely, as in no GUI navigation sounds, no sound from other files, and no sound in the ATV GUI. Has anyone else seen this? Also, I just found out, that if I let a file play to completion, after that I lose audio as well.

Secondly, is there a way for me to use a USB keyboard for input? Using the remote to fill out the sources for video and audio as well as some other things is achingly slow and tedious.

Lastly, the clock in XBMC is off, off by about 5 hours (looks like it's set to GMT). I checked around the XBMC to where I'd normally set location information, but it's not there on the ATV, and I can't find where to set the clock anywhere else. Where do I do this?
Looks like I was able to fix the audio issue. I hadn't checked, but the ATV was still on an older version of the ATVOS. I upgraded that and then reapplied the patchstick. After that, audio is good from one file to another.

The other two questions remain though, is there some way to use a keyboard, and where can I correct the time issue?
You set the time by hooking up to iTunes.
If there is another way to do it, I haven't found it.Laugh
Okay, thanks. Looks like I'll give that a try. I was trying to avoid actually connecting to the itunes servers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Some Apple TV questions?0