How to change Hz setting in XBMC?
I'm using a PAL LCD TV, so by default it runs at 50Hz. In XBMC I have "adjust refresh rate to match video" enabled to make playback smoother.

Since most movies want to run at 24hz, how can I run XBMC in 24hz as well? Even though my windows resolution is set to 24hz, XBMC still uses 50hz for the GUI.
It switches to 24Hz, if available, when playing a video with that framerate.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
ashlar Wrote:It switches to 24Hz, if available, when playing a video with that framerate.

Yes I know, I'm trying to avoid having it switch all the time because it causes a delay, and causes my TV to display text saying its switched modes.
Hi, same issue here... :S

I remember this was configurable in the settings menu before Dharma.

Since migration to Dharma, XBMC does not change to 24p any more. Instead my screen turns black for a few seconds because of the frequency change for each movie...
You can force the resolution to be 24hz, but then the interface is the opposite of smooth. Like almost unusable- that is why XBMC just switches when content is played.

TV switching delay is one of those "you just have to live with it" things.

If it super-super bugs you give up on 24p and live with pulldown.

poofyhairguy Wrote:You can force the resolution to be 24hz, ...

OK, how can I force the resolution to be 24Hz?
I think he means that you have to set in your GPU settings (either ATI CCC or Nvidia), which basically means that all apps, internet browsing etc is carried out at 24hz - think I would rather put up with the text showing up at each change.
Check your tv menu. On my new Panasonic plasma you can switch the display of the change to off.
My Sharp just goes off for a few seconds every time the mode is switched... very annoying.

Running XBMC only with 24Hz, everything else (Apps, Internet) using 60Hz worked flawlessly with the release before dharma, somehow the possibility to change the setting was removed.
poofyhairguy Wrote:You can force the resolution to be 24hz, but then the interface is the opposite of smooth.

hmm I noticed Windows was very jerky when in 24hz.

Here's another thought: how to change XBMC from 50hz to 60hz? My XBMC defaults to 50hz. In Windows, 50hz is jerky on my LCD TV, but if I put Windows in 60hz, there's a definite improvement. Of course when running XBMC it switches back to 50hz.

I'm wondering if the XBMC skin interfaces will be faster/smoother if XBMC can run in 60hz mode?
Ok, looks like I've found a temporary solution:

- Put your Windows hertz setting at whatever you want XBMC to be.
- Load XBMC, go into Settings and change XBMC to Windowed mode.
- Now change XBMC back to Fullscreen.

I did this with a Windows hertz of 60hz, while XBMC was 50hz. Once I Windowed and went back to Fullscreen, XBMC stayed at 60hz. Now every time I load XBMC it automatically loads at 60hz.

Doing this allows me to disable the "change TV hz for every video" option, and instead enable the "Sync Playback to Display" without any noticeable jitter. At 50hz, the jitter was noticeable in pans, but at 60hz, so far everything I've tried has smooth playback.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change Hz setting in XBMC?0