Generate a printable movie list from XBMC's video library database?
hi,

i am searching for a way to generate a list which should include my movies from my xbmc library with title, genre, description, rating, maybe actors etc., so i can send it by email or print it out.

any easy way to achieve this?

regards,
marv_el
Export your library to an xml file then open up the xml in excel.
If the desire is to share/show off your collection, try out the sharethe.tv add-on.

Example: http://sharethe.tv/stoli
-stoli-
will try both ways, thanks.
Alternatively you could try the following.

Go to a MS-DOS prompt. Additional help and information about how to get to a MS-DOS prompt can be found on document CHDOS.
Navigate to the directory you wish to print the contents of. If you're new to MS-DOS, you will need to familiarize yourself with the cd command and the dir command.
Once in the directory you wish to print the contents of, type one of the below commands.

dir > print.txt

The above command will take the list of all the files and all of the information about the files, including size, modified date, etc., and send that output to the print.txt file.

dir /b > print.txt

This command would print only the file names and not the file information of the files in the current directory.

dir /s /b > print.txt

This command would print only the file names of the files in the current directory and any other files in the directories in the current directory.

Cheers
@abe froman: tried that and i don't see how to generate a readable list out of the xml file.
@stoli: haven't tried it yet but seems perfect.
@bambam1963: thanks, i am familiar with dos, but i like to have more infos for every movie (year, genre...) and not just the name.

i fiddled around and could create a list by using XBNE, which can export the database as excel. it works so far, but sharethe.tv seems a much nicer and easier solution.
On XBMC Live (or any linux based setup) you can print a listing of all the files in your movie directory in a human readable format.

ex.
ls -R /path/to/media > ~/Dropbox/MoviesDB.txt

You could also exclude .nfos, .tbn, etc...

Mine is synced with Dropbox, so it is searchable on any of my devices.
marv_el Wrote:hi,

i am searching for a way to generate a list which should include my movies from my xbmc library with title, genre, description, rating, maybe actors etc., so i can send it by email or print it out.

any easy way to achieve this?

regards,
marv_el

The best way currently is to use Media Companion G2

Scan your library and then use the HTML Export feature... The output is fully customizable.

You can then make a MHT or PDF file from the HTML if you have the covers being displayed...

-Pr.
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Pr.Sinister Wrote:The best way currently is to use Media Companion G2

Scan your library and then use the HTML Export feature... The output is fully customizable.

You can then make a MHT or PDF file from the HTML if you have the covers being displayed...

-Pr.

I checked out the website for Media Companion G2, but there are no options in the download area to download the program.
(2011-01-04, 14:12)BamBam1963 Wrote: I checked out the website for Media Companion G2, but there are no options in the download area to download the program.

Read a little closer Smile

You can download it here: http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/
(2012-03-29, 09:52)pedram Wrote:
(2011-01-04, 14:12)BamBam1963 Wrote: I checked out the website for Media Companion G2, but there are no options in the download area to download the program.

Read a little closer Smile

You can download it here: http://mediacompanion.codeplex.com/

nice prog - i was using MCM before but i like this one more - thanks mate!
Hi all...

I'm also interested in generating a list of my KODI movie database as exists in KODI as opposed to the actual list of files within my folders (which is easy to do but time consuming to compile).

The main reason for this is every now and then I appear to lose a film, more than likely due to user error on my part or possibly down to my server having issues (sure it's not a KODI thing). Id like to run this sort of report once a week so I can have an up to date librayr listing that will allow me to make sure nothing is missing via the process of elimination. Having a 100TB server means its easy to lose track of things on your collection

I've tried installing MediaCompanion but I wont lie, I'm struggling to see how to pull my collection details out of my mySQL database info into the program so I can view it in some shape or form.

Any assistance or suggestions would be great

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Generate a printable movie list from XBMC's video library database?0