[RELEASE] The Escapist (Video) Plugin
cant watch those videos either, not even from their webpage, ive tried xbmc, chrome and ie7, the videos wont play.

tracert fails too.

it says on their video help page that if you use a "media server" they will block you.

maybe ive been blocked because i use xbmc to watch those videos. Huh
tuputamadre Wrote:cant watch those videos either, not even from their webpage, ive tried xbmc, chrome and ie7, the videos wont play.

tracert fails too.

it says on their video help page that if you use a "media server" they will block you.

maybe ive been blocked because i use xbmc to watch those videos. Huh

I've got the same trouble. I think they are starting to block people who use things like this.
It's possible. I started seeing it today. Let me look into it.
It's definitely acting the same way it did when it was blocking me during my original testing. I advise everybody to not use this plugin until I get it sorted out. Going to see what the repo managers think about pushing an update that disables playing the videos in the meantime.
what i dont get is how it tracks me, i tried changing ip and deleting cookies but it didnt work
If you did both for one try (I.E. maybe they're checking for cookies and IP, and if you match either one, you're out), it is possible that they're just having a server outage or something. I think this is unlikely because I'm not seeing any posts on the Escapist forums about it, but it's possible.

Either way I'm pushing an update that flags the addon as broken for the time being. Once I get it resolved I'll push another update.
Atleast part of this is IP based as i switched to my other ISP and videos started playing.

Path i followed was, Test on HTPC, no video, then tested on laptop, no video, changed to the second internet connection on laptop, video started to play, have no changed the connection of my laptop as that would just be annoying
It definitely seems to be IP-based. My college gives out IPs based on the MAC address of the device connected, so I swapped my router from using my desktop's MAC to using its own, thus granting me a different IP, and I'm now able to watch the videos again.
I thought it was IP, and now I'm sure of it; I have a static IP address and I'm still unable to watch, even in my browser.
ive changed ip again and now it works on ie
doh!
I'm finally able to watch again. I'm going to need to build in that proxy capability before I'll be able to test any potential fixes.

Stay tuned for a new release, but it's going to be a while.
I sent them a support email asking why they didn't support xbmc but supported boxee, and got a reply back that the boxee plugin supports playing their ads in front of the videos.

Could we support playing the video ads in the xbmc plugin? I'd be more than happy to watch their ads if that meant not having to worry about the plugin breaking all the time. I'm sure they'll even help out to make sure it works properly if you ask them about it.
I sent them an E-mail on Tuesday and am still waiting on a reply ><
Would be great if they'd be willing to work with us. Heck, if they're willing to go that far maybe they could help you set it up to provide HQ streams for people who are paid members, etc.
Yeah it would be...still no reply though. I sent another E-mail to a different address I found on the Escapist website. We'll see what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] The Escapist (Video) Plugin0