audio_alsa ir broken after upgrade to dharma
Hello,

First post, so sorry if ive missed anything.

I use a home made IR using lirc and audio_alsa, after upgrading to dharma today, its stopped working

I had been using an install based on the previous final live cd, based on ubuntu 9.10

I used webmin to update all of the xbmc packages, and when it had finished. Everything works except sound capture.

Ive made sure that the ir dongle is still working and making a noise, I used alsamixer to x2 make sure line in was set to capture and all the volume levels are correct, however

if i arecord -vv /dev/null i cant get anything above a zero.

Im sure its something to do with the audio killing my remote, audio playing is working fine btw

Many Thanks
after working on this for a bit,

in the output of amixer, capture is now always set to "off"

tried "amixer set Capture 100% unmute" as root and nothing, also tried in alsamixer etc, where strangely it looks like its unmuted.

again, all I upgraded was xbmc, still using a ubuntu 9.10 base from the old live cd. As soon as xbmc had upgraded, the sound levels had been altered. does anyone know how upgrading to dharma affects sound?

since this happened ive also built and installed alsa 1.0.23, with the same result. Except I had to blacklist the snd driver for my G210 gfx card, as it now picks that as the default. Overall tho, no change. After XBMC dharma install it seems impossible to get a sound capture

Thanks
feel like a retard but its fixed now

in alsamixer i now have to press space on "Capture" and "Line" not just "Line"

& "amixer set Capture 100% cap" at start

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
audio_alsa ir broken after upgrade to dharma0