Adding SF dvd's for TV shows
Hi,

In the last couple of weeks I've reasonably been able to set up XBMC, but I'm mainly stuck with this one special features dvd that I'd like to add (if only for completeness sake. I'm hoping I'll be able to add it in a way that it shows up along with the seasons and play instantly after selecting.
Like this:

SEASON 1
SEASON 2
SPECIAL FEATURES

The question is, will I be able to do this and how can it be done?
Thanks in advance,

Daan
Nobody knows this?
"SPECIAL FEATURES" should be "Specials"
Thanks for your reply! Do you mean I should name the special features dvd (iso) "Specials" (sans quotes)? If so, it doesn't seem to work...
Are you asking about TV show Special Episodes? For example the Battlestar Galactica miniseries would be Battlestar Galactica S00E01. Check out http://www.thetvdb.org and see how they title the special episodes.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
Ah I see what you mean. No, unfortunately it's not an 'official' special episode. It's just a set of special features from the dvd release. The TV Show in question (fawlty towers) has some special episodes, but all with rather specific names. The other downside is that the dvd would show up under season 2 while it is related to both seasons. So I'd rather see it next to both the seasons.
KeyMs92 Wrote:Ah I see what you mean. No, unfortunately it's not an 'official' special episode. It's just a set of special features from the dvd release. The TV Show in question (fawlty towers) has some special episodes, but all with rather specific names. The other downside is that the dvd would show up under season 2 while it is related to both seasons. So I'd rather see it next to both the seasons.

Right, so you have the following folder layout:

Code:
TV Shows\
         Fawlty Towers\
                       Specials\
                       Season 1\
                       Season 2\

Rip all the specials and drop them into the specials folders, then number and name them according to how TheTVDB.com has them laid out.
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=season&seriesid=...3391&lid=7

For example, in the Specials\ folder, you'd have the following files:

Code:
Fawlty Towers - S00E01 - Customer Service Tips.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E02 - Outtakes.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E03 - Fawlty Towers Revisited.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E04 - John Cleese Interview.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E05 - Prunella Scales Interview.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E06 - Andrew Sachs Interview.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E07 - Torquay Tourist Guide.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E08 - Re-Opened.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E09 - Basil's Best Bits.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E10 - Fawlty Towers Re-Opened.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E11 - Cheap Tatty Review.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E12 - The Grange.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E13 - Birth of Fawlty Towers.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E14 - How to Manage Your Staff.avi
Fawlty Towers - S00E15 - Tips for a Successful Marriage.avi

Then when you rescan the TV Show, XBMC will create a new entry under the TV show call "Specials" and you'll get access to all those specials like you wanted to.
That's wonderful, thanks! If only I had seen that category "Specials" on thetvdb!

One minor detail is that I'd like to keep the dvd intact because there are some small features on there that contain no video material. The most ideal would be to have the dvd playing only after selecting "Specials" but I don't think that's possible. I'm also considering just using E00 representing the dvd. Of course I could just add the right episodes but I think that's a bit of an overkill especially for such short videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding SF dvd's for TV shows0