ORIGENae VFD display
CuFk Wrote:Does anyone know if it's possible to get the display in the Origen AE chassie to work without using IRtrans?

whats the reason not using irtrans?
greetings, Stephan

Hello, can you explain how you did origen vfd display work with xbmc ?

I've installed irtrans software and IR server suite, but i just have the remote work (after some tweaks and configuration, says i had to modify irssmap.xml).

I don't know what to write in lcd.xml config file, and so, i just have the date and time displayed on my VFD.

I'm looking in lcdsmartie (i know there is a xbmc plugin), but it seems very difficult to cinfigure.

Thank you !

[EDIT] ho... i forget to tell that i'm running on windows 7 32 bits OS !
Would be intressted in this as well!

I am also running a S10V case under Win7.
I´m also interested en getting the display to work with XBMC 10 (windows). Does anyone have a link to a thread that explains how i get the remote to work? I have the origenae s16v chassi and win xp sp2
I know this is the wrong area to post this but I also have an OrigenAE M10 case and had the VFD working pretty good in linux. As I use a sandy bridge cpu I switched back to windows in order to get better driver support and reduce CPU usage. Some of my larger movies were playing no so smoothly.

Anyways under ubuntu 10.10 I downloaded a 2.6.37 development kernel from:

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

and all the headers, lcdproc and lirc. Guess the imon was patched in to the kernel on 2.6.37 and up.

In /etc/lcdd.conf set driver to imon and that made the vfd work perfectly except the good bye message always stuck on as the vfd board always has power on it. In lirc, as it sets up select /dev/event/x as the brand of remote, and voila enjoy a functional remote, even mouse mode. As I remember I had to go in to the .xbmc folder to get to advancedguisettings.xml and set "has lcd" to yes because its no longer in the gui in Dharma.

Now that I am on windows I am also curious about a solution to the question.

quotaholic
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ORIGENae VFD display0