Small and Simplified Menus Not Working
I've been playing with the new Cinema Experience script and now my simplified and small menus no longer work.

Any ideas?

Can I access the settings directly?

Thanks!
Dragontech ioBox 100HD w/1TB internal - YAMJ - Unique Black Glas
HTPC running XBMC & Boxee
Thecus N4100Pro NAS w/4x1.5TB Western Digital Green Drives Raid 5
Epson Home Cinema 8350 w/106" Elite Screen
Onkyo TX-SR606
Logitech Harmony One Remote
Hello pbusardo - sorry I need a bit more info to help with that. What did you do and what's now happening?
Sharpe Wrote:Hello pbusardo - sorry I need a bit more info to help with that. What did you do and what's now happening?

Hello and thanks for the response.

I installed the Cinema Experience script. I'm not sure this was the cause of the problem, but my simplified small menus went away even though they were selected in the skin settings.

Since then, I've rebooted the HTPC and the correct menus are now being displayed. So I'm good now. I still can't explain how it happened.

Are you the developer of the skin? I really like it.

If there are a couple things I'd like out of the skin it would be a "OFF/POWER" main menu selection, and the navigation sounds of the Night skin.

Thanks!
Onkyo TX-SR606
Yep myself and djdafreund develop the skin - glad you like it.

You can alter the behaviour of the shutdown button to switch off if you do the following:

You can easily mess around with the sounds by grabbing the ones from the Night sounds folder that you like and renaming them to match the Back Row ones you want to replace then copying them over to the Back Row sounds folder.
Thanks.

It's at it again. My small and simplified menus are gone. It's showing the default no matter what I have my setting at.
Onkyo TX-SR606
I also have the recently added episodes turned off and it's still presenting them.
Onkyo TX-SR606
Sounds a bit strange that - Have you got more than one version of the skin installed? Like the regular and also the SVN one? If you have it could be something to do with swapping between the two.

you could try going into skin options, clicking Reset skin and then restarting from scratch.
Sharpe Wrote:Sounds a bit strange that - Have you got more than one version of the skin installed? Like the regular and also the SVN one? If you have it could be something to do with swapping between the two.

you could try going into skin options, clicking Reset skin and then restarting from scratch.

Yup. I tried that. It's back now and I don't know why. Also, I've noticed that the light gray rectangular boxes around selections as well as the menu are not complete anymore. This is hard to explain without a screen shot and since I'm not at home, it would be difficult to do.

Parts of them appear to be "grayed out"

It's like the skin is self destructing!

I've also tried de-installing it and re-installing it.

I'll try to post screenshots tonight.

In the meantime, I've switched to Night, and everything appears to be working ok.
Onkyo TX-SR606
I am also using backrow as my main skin.
So far, No problems over here.

Maybe you should try to do a fresh install of xbmc, preferable into another folder (e.g. xbmc2).
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:I am also using backrow as my main skin.
So far, No problems over here.

Maybe you should try to do a fresh install of xbmc, preferable into another folder (e.g. xbmc2).

I know, it's got me stumped. I was thinking about a clean install, but would rather hunt for some explanation.
Onkyo TX-SR606
LOL. Sorry to hear your troubles with this. I would suggest just trying to actually delete everything in the back row skin directory, grab the latest version from our SVN again, unzipping all the files, and JUST to make sure, go in and reset skin settings (options) and HOPEFULLY that should fix it.
This is crazy. Last night I go home and everything is back to normal. There is something else going on and I'd love to find the root cause of it all.

I wonder if it has something to do with how I access the machine it's loaded on. During the day, I'm usually RDd to it. At night I switch between my desktop display (DVI) and my theater display HDMI. I wonder if that is somehow "confusing" it.

One of the main reasons I'd like to build a dedicated HTPC for the theater only.
Onkyo TX-SR606

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Small and Simplified Menus Not Working0