Upgrade Disaster
Hi all.

I just upgraded to XBMC 10 after consulting with a friend who did the same. His migration was seamless so I assumed mine would be too.

However, most of the new skins, including the default, as well as "Night" and PM3.HD are slow as dirt to navigate. When moving from movies to music to tv etc. on the home menu it takes 8 or 10 seconds to register each button click. On top of this it appears that Aeon (the skin I've always used) doesn't work.

Also, my library has not been restored correctly. I assumed all my sources would be migrated over correctly but they don't seem to be. I have multiple sources for each media type (currently only movies and TV, no music) but none of the TV shows load, in any of the skins, and only my primary movie directory loads in some of the skins, but not all.

I'm pretty much at the point where I'm ready to roll back to 9. Has anyone else had these issues and if so, how have you remedied them?
Star 
If you look in the Aeon forum, you'll find links to the latest Aeon ShowMix and ShowMix Evolution which are working well on the latest XBMC. It sounds like you ended up with a bit of a scramble on update with incorrect pathing, editing or a re-install might bring you back. I suspect that the slowness is due in part to scraping/pathing issues.
Thanks a lot - I'll try reinstalling again... let you know how it goes...
Thought I should probably close this thread. I had to do a complete rebuild of my library anda clean install of XBMC 10. However, this afforded me to set up my library a little differently so it wasn't a waste of time...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade Disaster0