Featured Movie using random items script.
Was not sure whether to post this here or in the forum for the script. But I downloaded the random Items script put it into my addons folder labeled script.randomitems but I get nothing am I missing a step somewhere. I really love this skin I just can't seem to get that script to work for me. I know its a user error so any help would be appreciated. I am using the latest version of dharma and the fusion skin. Thanks...
The script is already included you just need to go to Settings > Fusion > Home Settings > Extras, uncheck "hide recently added"
I am actually getting recently added just not the featured Items on the home page. I did check my settings and it is turned on is there anything else I can check...Thanks for the help.
It only runs at startup right now but I'm sure it'll be added to run on Home soon enough.
Awesome thanks.
Strange, the "Featured Film"/"Featured TV Show" section doesn't seem to be working for me - I just get a blank space where the image should be appearing, eg.

I do have this worrying entry in my ~/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log:

Code:
01:53:16 T:139924479641600 M:1967947776   ERROR: Python script "script.randomitems" does not exist

even though I do have a script named RandomItems.py installed:

Code:
root ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.fusion/extras/scripts # ls -la
total 40
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jan  7 02:08 .
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Jan  6 02:06 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         11365 Jan  6 02:06 RandomItems.py
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         18086 Jan  6 02:06 RecentlyAdded.py

This is a stock install of the frellAn's MOD - I've selected the Fusion skin, rebooted several times, but nothing ever appears.

Anyone have any ideas? This is on OpenELEC, so Linux based (in case that matters).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Ye, the script should go to \addons\script.randomitems -> folder inside the two .py files
Japaja Wrote:Ye, the script should go to \addons\script.randomitems -> folder inside the two .py files

Thanks, your suggestion was enough to give me a clue... I downloaded the randomitems script from here, just copying the RandomItems.py file provided by the Fusion skin into the script.randomitems directory wasn't enough to get it to load, it also needed the addons.xml file which is in Zip file from the authors site.

Now I have Featured Films working, but not TV Shows. And if I use the original RandomItems.py file (not that provided by Fusion), I have TV Shows but not Films... my investigation continues. Smile

Edit: Another couple of reboots and both Featured Films AND Featured TV Shows are working using the original randomitems script, not the one supplied with Fusion skin. Thanks again Japaja for giving me the clues I needed!
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
MilhouseVH Wrote:Thanks, your suggestion was enough to give me a clue... I downloaded the randomitems script from here, just copying the RandomItems.py file provided by the Fusion skin into the script.randomitems directory wasn't enough to get it to load, it also needed the addons.xml file which is in Zip file from the authors site.

Now I have Featured Films working, but not TV Shows. And if I use the original RandomItems.py file (not that provided by Fusion), I have TV Shows but not Films... my investigation continues. Smile

Edit: Another couple of reboots and both Featured Films AND Featured TV Shows are working using the original randomitems script, not the one supplied with Fusion skin. Thanks again Japaja for giving me the clues I needed!
Cheers guys this has been driving me nuts for some time now but i now have featured songs as well as movies and tv shows, and it worked first timeSmile
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Glad I could help.
paul Wrote:Cheers guys this has been driving me nuts for some time now but i now have featured songs as well as movies and tv shows, and it worked first timeSmile

Music works fine for me. BUT tv shows and movies dont. It only shows the title of the tv show or movie and i cant click to play.

any ideas?
What version of xbmc are people using? Nightly builds?
adriank99 Wrote:What version of xbmc are people using? Nightly builds?
Currently i am running XBMC 10.1 but i have also had it working with the latest nightly build try updating random items addon and recently added addon,
to script.recentlyadded-2.0.5 and script.randomitems-1.0.11

Grab recently added from here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3921965/script.r...-2.0.5.zip

andrandom items from here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3921965/script.r...1.0.11.zip

They should solve your problem(hopefully)
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Even using the latest randomitems script doesn't solve the issue when using the latest nighties sadly (Having the same issue on my machine).
recently added should not be used on latest nighty builds, it will mess things up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Featured Movie using random items script.0