Video Speeds up then stutters
I am having a few issues with HD playback on XBMC. In some scenes I can see the video go faster than normal then stutter to adjust back.

System:
XBMC v10.0 r35647
Windows 7 64bit
Q6600 Quad CPU @2.4ghz
2gig ram
desktop res is 1920 x 1080 @ 60hz.
Nvidia Gforce GT430
Using "Night" skin
TV: Sony 46" LED LCD 3D 46HX800

I have DXVA2 enabled. Playback was much worse before enabling DXVA2.
I tried enabling "Adjust rate to match video" but that makes playback a lot worse.

Heres a debug log: http://pastebin.com/w9q5XCyv (not sure if anything shows up in there).

** I didn't have this problem before installing the new TV.

Help is appreciated.
tried turning off motionflow on your tv?
Disable "use fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" and check if that fixes anything.
junkiepilot Wrote:tried turning off motionflow on your tv?
That setting is only available when theater mode is switched on. From what I could tell motion flow was already off. Motion flow looks quite strange to me.
Only issue is that when you switch to another device it turns theater mode off then you have to switch it back on every time.

bobo1on1 Wrote:Disable "use fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" and check if that fixes anything.
After doing both suggestions it has helped a bit. There is still a bit of stutter but from what I have watched it seems somewhat better.

Any other ideas? Do you think it's to do with the TV & not XMBC? or a bit of both?
I think I have fixed the issue.

I have motionflow on clear plus.
Enabled DXVA2.
Enabled Sync Playback to display (Video clock (Resample Audio)).
Enabled Adjust display refresh rate to match video.

So far playback is normal.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Speeds up then stutters0