Remote control: advice needed
Since some weeks my Philips MCE RC6 remote does not work anymore on my Ubuntu installation with XBMC dharma final.
Worked pretty much out-of-the-box for the first year, but now there's no way whatsoever I can get it to work. In some very rare cases it does for a limited time, mostly it does not. Weird stuff. Spent 30-something hours trying to get it right, but to no avail: disabling it in HAL, different lirc configs, irrecord, clean installs of 9.04, 10.04 and 10.10, nothing helps. Well, mode2 works, but irw shows nothing.

I'm giving up on that one, so looking for a new cheap remote.
I'd like it to be RF now, and prefer not to use LIRC anymore (caused me too many headaches already), so one that acts as a keyboard would be nice.

Any buying advice for a device that works as flawlessly and completely as possible? Is going the x10 way the right thing to do?
I have the same remote,

are you using audio_alsa with LIRC? upgrading to dharma killed it dead and i havent found a fix yet either.

I think dharma did something to the sound, as i only updated xbmc yet, after the upgrade. my sound settings were all messed up.
Not using audio_alsa. My other settings were fine, so it's possible they're related.

If you happen to find a fix for the remote, let me know!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control: advice needed0