Change Library Patch (external HD)
So basically i have a 1TB external drive which now is full.
so i just bought a new 1TB drive and am splitting up my media collection.
ally my sports events are going to the new drive.
now my question is, how can i tell xbmc that the sports library (seperate profile) is now on another disc. when i change the library path all the already scanned events that are in my library keep their old filepath and come up blank when i try to open them.
is there an easy way to tell all the files in the library to look for (example) d:/sports/123.avi instead of z:/sports/123.avi
i hope you understood my problem!
hope you can help
cheers
pseudo
There is an easier way to deal with multiple HD´s: don´t change anything on the disk; just add a new path on the source(s).

I´ll assume you have - like in your example - a folder d:/sports. Create a new z:/sports which will contain new sports events, go to videos (in file mode), choose "edit source" in context menu and use the "add" button to inform the new path. XBMC is clever enough to read multiple paths associated to only one source. When you browse the source - either in file or library mode - you´ll see only one list, combining all files/folders from all paths!

Of course you can do the same for other sources - movies, tv shows, music, etc.

Hope this helps.
valeu pela resposta Wink

im aware of that possibility.
i already have my tv shows scattered across 3 different discs.
i just wanted to have it all nice and tidy. one disk for sports, one for movies on for tv etc.
so im still looking for a better solution...
thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Library Patch (external HD)0