Can't install Dharma from PPA on Mythbuntu
Sad 
Hey guys,

I read the forum a lot the last days, basically since Dharma is out, but couldn't find a solution working for me.
I have had a working installation of Mythbuntu Lucid and installed XBMC 9.11 as a nicer frontend and all pretty much worked. Then as I wanted to upgrade to XBMC Dharma I removed XBMC through apt-get and wanted to reinstall XBMC, but this just wnt somehow wrong. Since then I removed all PPAs several times, autocleaned, purged everything and added SVN repos to Synaptic. I also tried downloading all *.deb suitable files from https://launchpad.net/~team-xbmc-svn/+ar.../+packages and install them. This even didn't work with the error of:
Quote:libglew 1.5.0 (>= 1.5.3) not installable
After all I still can't install XBMC getting always the same error of :
Quote:xbmc:
Depends on: xbmc-data but it is not going to be installed
Depends on: xbmc-skin-confluence but it is not going to be installed
Everything I try end up in some strange dependency issues.

The next solution for me would be, reinstall mythbuntu, but I am afraid of it, since I have lots of stuff on the harddrive and everything is configured nicely (-> MythTV), except XBMC.

Does anyone of you have a hint?
Thanks guys.

Cheers
Goeck
OK guys, what I've done is...I punched mythbuntu 10.10 on the drive. And what I found out - supprisingly to me - is that I could install it without formatting the drive, so all system files where renewed and some conflicting system files where removed. But when I startet up my PC again, I found a pretty well working Mythbuntu, almost in that shape as I left it...
Suddenly 200 updates where announced to me and installation of XBMC worked like a charma after adding the PPA. MythTV didn't know about the channels no more, but that was a matter of minutes.
Now I want a nice way of watching Live TV...

Does anyone now how to get the MythTV PVR AddOn?

Cheers
Göck

PS: What a nice Webinterface compared to the old one...it lacks a playlist feature though

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't install Dharma from PPA on Mythbuntu0