issue: mythtv recordings wrong length, unreliable, what happened?
Just trying to get a feel here.

Been noticing that I get a lot of shows that seem to have bad lengths recently, since dharma, issue is in xbmc live stable for sure, xbmc osx as well.

So a show that's an hour says it's say 3 minutes long. What makes this even worse is that it's also impossible to skip through the recording.

Same thing happens in mythbox, a myth:// source, and shocker, even playing the file directly over the network.

Codec issue maybe?

I'm recording with a Hauppaugge HD-PVR [email protected].

If you're experiencing this, let's keep in touch, maybe we can figure out what's going on here. Nerd

sebj
Don't think the container for the HDPVR files is really good since I got rid of my issue using something like this :

ffmpeg -i source.mpg -vcodec copy -acodec copy -f mpeg
source-withtimestamps-thatstartatzero.mpg taken from this site http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/my...ers/345512

Funny thing is that when doing this, xbmc correctly sees h.264 in the info OSD.

At this point this isn't a xbmc issue. But like I said join the thread discussion if you want us to figure this out.

PS: Would now really like to rename the thread topic to HDPVR issues.
hacked a simple script to keep my wife sane until I figure the root cause of this

I run a user job that recreates the file with ffmpeg and this seems to fix the gaps

Quote:#!/bin/bash

if [ ! $# == 2 ]; then
echo "Usage: $0 directory file"
exit
fi

directory="$1";
file="$2";

#
mv "${directory}/${file}" "${directory}/${file}_temp"
ffmpeg -i "${directory}/${file}_temp" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "${directory}/${file}"
rm "${directory}/${file}_temp"

run as user job :

/usr/bin/hdpvr_timestamps "%DIR%" "%FILE%"
OK...

I'm finding the same thing but it hasn't always been this way...

Has anyone found a cause? Or, the problem the crappy output from the HDPVR?

Either way, I thought I'd try the ffmpeg fix outlined here. Seems simple enough but, when run ffmpeg on my file, I get a bunch or errors and the output file doesn't seem to play.

Is there anything special I have to do to ffmpeg to get it to handle HDPVR output?

thanx.
Sorry took me a while to see that someone responded nd that my response is too simplistic here :

The script I included is made for a mythtv user job only.

If you want to test it out try it directly on a file you know is wonky

ffmpeg -i /directory/file -vcodec copy -acodec copy /directory/_new_file

All this does really is copy the stream exactly, but with new timestamps without drops (that could occur on the hdpvr)

lemme know

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
issue: mythtv recordings wrong length, unreliable, what happened?0