HP D4000 Remote
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...97.c0.m619

Just saw this remote and it looks fantastic. Anyone know why or how it would be possible for to NOT work with other computers then HP? Seems a little trivial that it wouldnt Just Work.

Anyone want to recommend another similar remote that is universal that could work for xbmc? I'm trying not to spend more then 40 Smile
phin586 Wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...97.c0.m619

Just saw this remote and it looks fantastic. Anyone know why or how it would be possible for to NOT work with other computers then HP? Seems a little trivial that it wouldnt Just Work.

It will in all probability work with every RC6-compatible IR Receiver.

phin586 Wrote:Anyone want to recommend another similar remote that is universal that could work for xbmc? I'm trying not to spend more then 40 Smile

Any Logitech Harmony, really. $40 should be plenty for a used one. Do yourself a favor and get one with a display though. Cool
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
ATV2/iOS 4.2.1/Alaska Revisited Mod
Note that the ebay posting is just the handset and doesn't include the IR receiver. Presumably it's intended for HP laptops that have an IR receiver built in. If you don't have a compatible IR receiver you'll be buying a rather expensive paperweight.

Have a look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Rem...ol_Reviews for some remotes that are known to work with XBMC. The easiest strategy is usually to buy a Microsoft compatible remote (also known as RC6 or eHome remotes) because the Harmony universal handset will emulate the Microsoft handset so it's easy to get working.

JR
Well i already have the eHome receiver. I'm currently using my xbox 360 remote to control it. I just want something a little more.... So i can control everything with just one remote.
What is everything in this case? If you have other components (such as TV, hi-fi-equipment), the harmony might be a better fit.
katy: Silverstone LC19/AMD Zacate E350/4GB/7.5TB/Win 7 Pro 64/24/7/Shade (custom)
Well just a tv and a DVD Player / 5.1 Reciever Combo that i really only use just for sound. Btw.... Which harmony are we talking about? I'm seeing about 10 different ones!
Choose the one you like, the 515 supports up to 5 devices which should be plenty in your case.
Sharp remote. I hear nothing but good things about these. Are they well supported for XBMC under linux. Just want to know so that whenever I make the switch back, I'm fully supported!
I'm not a linux guy but there seem to be many people doing just fine with harmonies and linux in this forum.

Remember you also need an RC6-compatible IR receiver, any $5 one on eBay should be good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HP D4000 Remote0