Live TV via Windows Server possible?
Hello,

First of all I've to say I'm using XBMC (on Win7) for about 1,5 years now and all in all it's workin perfect now.

back to topic.. ...these days everybody speaks about HDTV and the most important broadcasters already provide their channels in HD. So now I've two options:

1) throw my old technisat receiver out of the window and buy another HD - ready DVB-S receiver
2) buy an TV-Card for my Windwos 2k8 Server and steam TV to my XBMC.

- big advantage of the second solution is, that I could record, timeshift the tv shows (without having additional hardware running - even the xbmc media center should could be turned off (during recording))

If my server would run Linux - I'd use VDR and everything would run perfect (?) - but I don't want to run an additional PC (4 PCs are enough for 2 people I think Tongue) and my Windows Home Server is based on Win2k8 (does filesharing, backup, downloading,..)

So what would you say? Is this project possible? What software should I use (MediaPortal Server + XBMC?) - anyone got a similar setup up and running? - is is full - girlfriend ready? Tongue

Thanks in advance..
natron - who isn't sure if he should buy a new receiver or a tv card...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV via Windows Server possible?0