New Ocz's
http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/05/ocz-i...ie-ssd-at/

WOW....no msrp.....i think that means i hope you have already started to save up for one Poofy.....lol
WE ALL WE GOT
Great news for me... because it means the cost of the Vetex II will eventually start dropping (soon). I have no need for "super speed" in my SSD for my HTPC. But I would rather have a silent, quick, and cool SSD than a 2.5" HDD.
bigdog66 Wrote:WOW....no msrp.....i think that means i hope you have already started to save up for one Poofy.....lol

Actually what makes me excited is that those large and wonderful Vertex 2s are gonna drop in price and go on fire sale. Time to upgrade to a 128GB model.

That new Vertex is pretty though...

Great minds think alike! Wink
I've got to say, the SSD prices have dropped faster than any other bit of tech I've ever seen (excluding, possibly, video card prices). Things that cost $400 six months ago cost $180 now, and they might actually be faster than their 6 month ago predecessor. I highly approve.
Problem with them is the SATA3 requirements which may force some of us to upgrade the mainboard or get an additional controller.

But as you guys already mentioned, this will make everything else cheaper and I can't wait for that to happen.

I have installed at work the OCZ RevoDrives which are basically the same specs only that they are PCI-E cards and come with embedded raid controller. Transferring data at those speeds is simply mind blowing.
hey i am with you.....i was also thinking of the price of current units coming down....just didn't relay that i guess

on my first custom box all i have is a cpu so far...a i3 550

so plenty of stuff still to get.....but it doesn't have to be built until a TV upgrade which prob won't be until the new models come out and the prices go down a bit so i have time...lol
but that means nothing but time for the other parts i need to come down in price also..lol

Poofy....i def agree with you but just hearing you say something other than I will be picking up this new piece of tech has me feelings completely confused.....i don't know which way is up...down...left...or right

please tell me some other brand new tech you are going out to get and correct my universe please .....Laugh
WE ALL WE GOT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Ocz's0