• 8(current)
[HOW-TO] Make Colour Themes
DurhamDev Wrote:All of these themes can be downloaded here: LINK

Dead link Sad
nistuf Wrote:Will this stencil theme be added to Alaska, or do you have to add it yourself?

It's currently only available via the download link I provided above. Whether it gets rolled into Alaska is up to Hitcher, but the theme needs some work before I would consider it ready for inclusion. I know I need to make a few new icons but I would also like to hear some feedback about any required color changes for better visibility, etc. I'm absolutely swamped at the moment, my primary XBMC machine is offline, and haven't had a chance to test it fully.

Razor, Clockwork Orange is looking good - I love that background. I wouldn't have thought something like that would work well but it looks great Big Grin
Anyone have a list of GUI items and their associated XML items?

I'm having issues with finding some of these... it seems like something may be overriding some of the settings I'm finding (per the specific 720p XLMs). By this I mean that some of the text colors I think should be changing are not?

thx
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Turn on Debugging to see which XML you're currently using and then use something like Notepad++ to find any color tags.
Hitcher Wrote:Turn on Debugging to see which XML you're currently using and then use something like Notepad++ to find any color tags.

This does not work as Debug does not log any includes, only the base XML that is launched... and since the Includes house most of the items this makes it a bit of a goose chase Wink

I'm having issues with the List & InfoList text and highlight.

It seems that Text is overwriting TextDisabled & TextSelected?

I'd like to make the selected text one color, and make the non-selected text a different color... and change the color of the selected text highlight

thx for the help
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Hitcher,
I need your help...can you take a look at this screeshot and tell me in which xml to i find the section to change the color of the main menu icon frame to the dark/greyish from your aeon theme. I dont want to use the complete aeon theme i like the original but i would like to change this frame only...thanks for reading and helping me out in advance.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img651.imageshack.us/i/alaskamenuscreenshot.jpg/
HomeWindowTextBackgroundColour
Hitcher Wrote:HomeWindowTextBackgroundColour

Thanks for the info. Can you also tell me on which file i will find this? THANX!
colors/default.xml
Juanflaco Wrote:For those of you interested in the Stencil theme, I have a new version ready for testing. I used some old icons when I could find them, and created some new textures as well. I think the background texture is much better in this version. It's not 100% complete but I'd really appreciate some help identifying any textures which need to be redone or colors that don't work well. My main XBMC setup is offline while I remodel and this laptop has a tendency to die every 20 minutes or so which complicates things somewhat Eek

Here is the color and texture file. Stencil_test.xbt goes in your Alaska media directory, and Stencil_test.xml goes in your Alaska colors directory.

Download stencil_test.zip

Any feedback with problems or things you'd like to see done differently would be appreciated!

edit: A few screenshots...

If I have use this theme, the Stencil home icons are not visible when Icon Home Layout is chosen.
Asrock ION 330Ht, Ubuntu Lucid, XBMC Eden final, Lightbox
Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, Ubuntu Ocelot, XBMC Eden final, Xperience1080
dormamu Wrote:If I have use this theme, the Stencil home icons are not visible when Icon Home Layout is chosen.

never mind... I figured it out. I had custom home icons enabled.
Asrock ION 330Ht, Ubuntu Lucid, XBMC Eden final, Lightbox
Zotac Zbox HD-ID11, Ubuntu Ocelot, XBMC Eden final, Xperience1080
Hitcher Wrote:Firstly you'll need to get the source code from here -

http://skin-alaska-revisited.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

The you have access to all the textures used in the skin and can edit them to your hearts content.

Where I can find the source code of original Alaska theme BlueMosaic? There's still a public repo? Or, if you have it, can you send me, please?

Thanks
Hitcher,

Where can I found the source code for original Alaska theme BlueMosaic? There's still a public repo?

Thanks.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76546
RazorFR Wrote:ClockWork Orange. A new theme for those who are interested.

Download here

Hey RazorFR, getting a "Download not available" and was wondering if you could repost this so I can give it a whirl. TIA!
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW-TO] Make Colour Themes1